Lords of War II - Rise of the Fallen

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Jester316 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Everyone who is saying that opponent ID was an issue seems to have not read the first post. It is clearly stated that EDG wore Multicam, Marpat, and DPM (and only 1 person fielded DPM). All other camo's were on Mehdi. The Black Marketers were not allowed to wear any sort of camouflage.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Tactical Church » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:30 pm

I dont think the confusion was with the EDG but with the Mehdi. I saw such a mixture of camos among them i hesitated more than once when choosing to fire in fear of being the wrong person. The same problem was on the BM. I was on the Hamas BM and sometimes i fired on Mehdi in confusion since i thought they were BM. Or the opposite happend as well.
Never leave a man behind.

Tactical Church
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

My point was that by knowing what your enemy is wearing, you could tell who was your friend. If a person was wearing marpat/multicam/dpm than they were hostile to Mehdi. If they were wearing another pattern of camouflage, they were friendly to Mehdi. It doesn't seem to difficult...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby -Shifty- » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:43 pm

The only confusion I had was getting DPM mixed up with woodland. I had to take a second to identify the person, and sometimes that got frustrating. But whatever.

11B1O - AUS
-Shifty-
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DJ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Jester316 wrote:My point was that by knowing what your enemy is wearing, you could tell who was your friend. If a person was wearing marpat/multicam/dpm than they were hostile to Mehdi. If they were wearing another pattern of camouflage, they were friendly to Mehdi. It doesn't seem to difficult...

Jester, my point was that people who were supposed to be on my side kept lighting me up from behind wearing a hodge podge of whatever including one in shorts. They obviously did not read the rules or got caught up in the excitement and were shooting at everything that moved. After getting killed multiple times by "friendlies", anything that was not a known entity was considered hostile and treated as such. I spent a fair amount of time with the rules and in fact carried a copy of them on my person ( anal). That is why it was so maddening to me when my people kept shooting at movement. When APST et al got me by hobo camp, I knew who got me and why. They were easy to ID.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Rico » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:14 pm

We would have already had that damned sector if Seagreen hadn't admin killed us the first time we set it. I guess they forgot to demo it first, after all the work I did to clear the way... engineers... where did you go to school, University of Pheonix?
You and your stupid F*ing rope...

Rico
Specops
Specops

Team: APST

Postby Icepick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Rico wrote:We would have already had that damned sector if Seagreen hadn't admin killed us the first time we set it. I guess they forgot to demo it first, after all the work I did to clear the way... engineers... where did you go to school, University of Pheonix?

Was it out in the town? I know I had a complete mix-up and set the sector post to "Neutral" instead of putting it on the ground, which in turn got all of us in the vicinity sent back to spawn... I'm pretty sure I apologized for that, but if I didn't, then sorry to whoever was with me.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jester316 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:52 pm

DJ wrote:
Jester316 wrote:My point was that by knowing what your enemy is wearing, you could tell who was your friend. If a person was wearing marpat/multicam/dpm than they were hostile to Mehdi. If they were wearing another pattern of camouflage, they were friendly to Mehdi. It doesn't seem to difficult...

Jester, my point was that people who were supposed to be on my side kept lighting me up from behind wearing a hodge podge of whatever including one in shorts. They obviously did not read the rules or got caught up in the excitement and were shooting at everything that moved. After getting killed multiple times by "friendlies", anything that was not a known entity was considered hostile and treated as such. I spent a fair amount of time with the rules and in fact carried a copy of them on my person ( anal). That is why it was so maddening to me when my people kept shooting at movement. When APST et al got me by hobo camp, I knew who got me and why. They were easy to ID.

DJ, I wasn't specifically referring to you. I get what you mean, I was actually team killed, right after I cleared the village by myself. That's why I enjoyed Matt's game where it was strict marpat vs multicam.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Darius137 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 pm

The issue happens when we're in a rainy climate and you have a good portion of both sides wearing jackets or varied gear over their camouflage. Also wearing a personal ball cap and the fact that most people don't stand in the open. Guy in tan ball cap and foliage grey soft shell with coyote brown gear but wearing a set of woodland underneath it could be very confusing if they are fighting a person wearing an OD Green softshell, RG web gear and an OD baseball cap with Multicam pants.

All of the questions like these and the ones I've brought up are not really about this game in general, but gameplay mechanics.

Matt, care to make a Game Hosting section of the forum? 8) And one that's not for a select few, as new people do try to host games and this sort of information would be great if it were all localized into an area people could look at.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby DJ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Jester316 wrote:
DJ wrote:

DJ, I wasn't specifically referring to you. I get what you mean, I was actually team killed, right after I cleared the village by myself. That's why I enjoyed Matt's game where it was strict marpat vs multicam.

I concur re the strict camo rules. At Holy wars, I had no trouble telling the Mujis / rag heads from the US side....I liked.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby ogrejager » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

I also would like more strict camo rules. What, you want to wear your new, elite softshell to the game? Fine. Put it UNDER YOUR CAMO, please. What, it's too hot to wear your camo shirt and you just want to wear a t-shirt? Tough. Buy lighter weight camo, then.

Is it too friggin' much to ask that everyone has identifiable camo?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby VogonFord » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Yeah, that'd be nice. Perhaps, if there's BM teams again, limit softshells to only BMs? That way there is an instant, "Oh, hey, that guys on one of the two BM teams" rather than "Which one of the four is he on?" Outer colors have to be your team's camouflage, although obviously gear can differ.

Also, DPM should always be put with woodland. It's too similar to be separate, and although it wasn't an issue this time, it could have been one. Imagine if in ten years we're told that we have to separate MultiCam and MTP? That would be confusing as hell.

Also, as I said earlier, Rick (this is for those who were not in that conversation) require that both arms be taped, rather than just one. Improves visibility, obviously.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Switch » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:57 am

Rico wrote:We would have already had that damned sector if Seagreen hadn't admin killed us the first time we set it. I guess they forgot to demo it first, after all the work I did to clear the way... engineers... where did you go to school, University of Pheonix?

Rico, I know for a fact we did get demo for that sector. But besides the point, we did get admin BOMBED.We did pull your awesome efforts to that West side and held it down with great teamwork. I had a good time 8)
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Postby Cap n pickles » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:29 am

MEHDI needs to show up in MUJA clothes next time. or OLD blue jeans, T shirts and Shemaghs and ski mask's. shazaam you guys and your camo! ;)
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby El Diablo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 am

dos_Santos wrote:
El Diablo wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/59793224@N03/5466353593/in/set-72157626106664478/

Nikes make everything better! Haha

Time for some Nike SFB's.

Whaaaa? You don't like my badass Nikes!? They make me faster! :lol:
Scientifically proven :o
The Fanged Bunny Raiders FTW!!

"HEY ITS THE RAINBOW WARRIOR!!"

"HONEY BADGER DON'T GIVE A SHIT!"
-Pacman
El Diablo
Soldier
Soldier