CQC6 Competition: July 21-22 (1 slot left)

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby gwigga » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:49 pm

Can I get a list of the rules for this?
gwigga
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Seagreen » Tue May 01, 2007 8:22 pm

Objectives:

Primary: Failure Penalty 10 min

Secondary: Failure Penalty 2 min per secondary*

(*Secondary objectives must be clearly specified during the briefing)

ROE Violations:

Fratricide: 15 min

Civilian Casualties: 5 min

Overshoot*: 1 min

(*an overshoot is a lack of trigger discipline that results in more than 5 rounds impacting a target on an engagement. This penalty can be enforced one minute per actor per round per competitor. Example: One bad guy, 3 tactical guys. Bad guy gets zapped with 30 round bursts from each tactical guy. Penalty to the team is: Three minutes for that actor.)

Tactical Awareness:

Failure to search*: 1 min
Failure to locate and item upon search*: 30 sec.

(*The maximum penalty per individual is 1 min. Example: If an actor has a weapon, but is not searched the penalty will be one minute, not one minute and thirty seconds.)

Crossing openings*: 15 sec per opening per competitor.

(*Fill a hole to pass a hole. Crossing over openings without covering them is the penalty. This is common sense when moving through uncharted territory, but is commonly neglected. It is acceptable to "pie off" an opening or "body block" it. Passing an opening without covering it is the infraction. One penalty per competitor per opening. Example: Five man team moves down a hallway. There is a door to the right. The first guy overwalks the door, the second guy overwalks the door, the third guy "pies off the door" as do the rest of the team. Penalty is thirty seconds. Two fifteen second penalties accounting for the two competitors that overwalk the doorway (opening))

Muzzle Sweeps*: 15 seconds per sweep per competitor.

(*A muzzle sweep is counted for a muzzle pass above the beltline to the top of the head. Example: Tacguy1 is moving down the hall. Tacguy2 is nuts to butts and decides to swivel his weapon to the alternate side to adjust his field of fire. Tacguy2 draws his muzzle across Tacguy1's shoulderline. A fifteen second penalty is scored. Example 2: Same situation, but this time Tacguy2 shifts his weapon down and the muzzle sweeps across Tacguy1's thighs. There is no penalty for this, although it is bad form. Above the belt line to the top of the head will be the scored penalty area.)

Personal Accountability:

With these new scoring augmentations, we are going to require a clearly marked set of numbers on each side of the competitors head. In white or light gray. Black is permissible, but it will be tougher for the scorer to read your head. We want to make it as easily recognized by the scorer as possible while retaining a "in theater" look.

The current guideline for size is: 1.5-2" hieght numbers. The accepted numbering system is 1-12, or for the teams that use Alpha, Bravo, Charlie ect, use the letter then number designation.

Example: Tacguy1 has his helmet, on each side he has tape. He puts a 2x3" strip of tape (velcro, whatever) and puts his personal identifier number. 01, or A3, or 9, ect. Each member will have a unique number. That number will not exceed 12 nor be less than 1.

The scorer will write down the specific number of the competitor when an infraction has been made. Example: Team member "A2" muzzle swept a team member. So, next to muzzle sweeps the scorer will write down: A2.

Helmet Numbering Example:

Safety:

We are now requiring each competitor to wear a helmet. Ballistic, Skate, or otherwise. Something to protect your head from impact in the event of smacking your head on a corner, doorjam, bulkhead, HVAC ducting, ect. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE WITHOUT A HELMET AND CLEARLY MARKED NUMBERS ON YOUR HELMET.

The normal safety guidelines apply that are found in the player packet. This is a headsup explanation of the new scoring guidelines and their application.

The overall safety guidelines and other player requirements are found in the players packet that is downloadable here:

http://www.airsoftpacific.com/docs/Airs ... ndbook.pdf

There are a few more guidelines that are not currently listed in the player packet: (but will be shortly. This is a clarification and application example of the in game rules)

Command statements:
"Control": This is to stop a combative actor.

Example: Actor1 goes bananas. Tacguy1 moves to Actor1 and places a hand on him and commands: CONTROL. The actor is then under Tacguy1's control unless he removes his hand from him. The next logical step is: Restrained, but often searches are made without the target being restrained first.

"Strike" or "Muzzle Strike": Actor1 is going bananas again. Tacguy1 doesnt have the time or patience for his antics. Tacguy one moves to Actor1 and simulates the the movement and commands: "Muzzle Strike" or "Strike". This renders the actor unconscious for the next several moments*.

*Determined by the actors disposition and preset "struck timer" by administration.

"Contact": Sometimes we are point blank. The term "contact" should be used under these conditions. "Contact" is used when you touch the barrel of your weapon (or rubber trainer) to an actor/competitor to simulate a lethal close range attack or fired shot.
Last edited by Seagreen on Wed May 02, 2007 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Killer » Tue May 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Can I just put Duct tape, and Write the number you give us?

Or do we make our own number?
Killer
Ranger
Ranger

Postby C H A N C E » Tue May 01, 2007 11:09 pm

well im kinda new not really well new to cqc and i was wondering if i can just go there alone and will i get a random teams or do i have to be in a team already before the comp??? :?
C H A N C E
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Seagreen » Wed May 02, 2007 12:04 am

-Clearly visible stuck to both sides of your head. This is a provision that promotes safety and accountability. White or Gray is preferred. This is so you can be fairly scored, easily by the adminstrator.

I do plan on having a marker onsite, but chances are most of you will have that squared away with your team....not doing it the day of.

-You have to be on a team prior to the competition. Actors vs Teams. Not Team vs Team. Just want to clarify.
Seagreen

Postby Crazy_Charge » Thu May 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Seagreen wrote:.
-You have to be on a team prior to the competition. Actors vs Teams. Not Team vs Team. Just want to clarify.

Actors? :?:
Crazy_Charge
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Wickers » Thu May 03, 2007 8:00 pm

Crazy_Charge wrote:
Seagreen wrote:.

Actors? :?:

Yes. Actors.

They play as the opposing force.
Wickers
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Bubba » Thu May 03, 2007 8:45 pm

Go look at some of the videos from previous CQC Competitions. That should help show what this is about.

It's not a Force A Vs. Force B thing. It's a scenario, usually Law Enforcement. Completely different beast from skirmishes or OPs.
Bubba
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Matt » Thu May 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Force vs. Actor or dedicated staff OPfor is the way to go when you're talking about competitions where prizes or trophies are at stake. Otherwise, it's hard to keep people honest. Ex-Paintball business owners who see dollar signs in their eyes think they can just throw up a "tourney" and call it good, but it doesn't work that way in Airsoft. It's not about how many kills you get, it's about the simulation. The actor OPfor is the best way to bring that level of realism to the players.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Seagreen » Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 pm

To add to Dantes statement, it is far easier to score and administrate. You build a scenerio that has perameters for the actors to work within to generate a fair and consistent event. If it were completely different each time a team passed through the scenerio it would really negate the "competition" aspect. You couldn't reliably tell who really was the best team that day.

See what we mean?

Safer, Consistent (as much as possible), and Immersion for the players, that is the bottom line.
Seagreen

Postby borislav » Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am

I think i will come to this one. 8)
"asskicker"

"may god have mercy upon my enemies, becaues I wont"
general George S. Patton
borislav
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NeoN » Mon May 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Hey since this game is on my 21st b-day weekend, if I come you should all let me play for free!!!! yes no????? hehe
Never assume anything...
NeoN
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Mon May 07, 2007 6:11 pm

NeoN wrote:Hey since this game is on my 21st b-day weekend, if I come you should all let me play for free!!!! yes no????? hehe

Which day is it? Mine is on the 22nd.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Raging Hormann » Wed May 09, 2007 8:26 am

Hey Seagreen, What kind of helmet do you have in those pics?

Also: What city is the event in?
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby Reese » Wed May 09, 2007 12:20 pm

(Red)emption wrote:Hey Seagreen, What kind of helmet do you have in those pics?

Also: What city is the event in?

That's an IBH helmet.
http://www.proudtacticalgear.com/index. ... &Itemid=31

The event is in Rainier, Oregon.
"Your reputation is the only true currency you have in this community... spend it wisely."
Reese
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games