WARGAMES 2/24/2008

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Chickenhawks Ego » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:41 pm

hey just wanted to say thanx to everyone for making it a cool game. It was a lot of work to get ready for, but speaking for myself I say it was worth the work. (but the time away from the fam sucked) speaking of work I want to say a special thank you to The Volunteers who helped out with the last minute modifications. You guys are the doo da! I'm bad with names but you guys know who you are. I also wanted to thank the guys that were able to react fast enough to see that I was unarmed, I look forward to shooting with you in the future. Just wish I could have got into this one, there was some intense firefight action down below. Oh and did anyone notice I may have been an admin. but I called my hits. Pain is temporary Honor is Forever. Thanks again to everyone that made the trip.
My guns loaded up and before you know hit you I jump of the wire swoop and then I get you
Chickenhawks Ego
Grunt
Grunt

Team: WYA

Postby Painless » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:37 am

I scanned over the posted I will make a full post when I get back form West Virginia later this week. Matt, Fred the pics are great. :D
Painless
Retailer
Retailer

Team: N/A

Postby Fred » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:04 pm

"Snow'd: high CRI is the blueish LED color, correct?" Poebot
Fred

Team: {FAG}

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Whoever my helmet camera guy was, dude you rocked! Insane tunnel rushing from a first person perspective is awesome.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Caponey » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:13 pm

And where can this great video be found. Hopefully it's not obvious otherwise I'm just a failure at the search function.

-Tanner
-Tanner
Caponey
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:33 pm

It's not ready yet, still editing :)
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Caponey » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Oh sorry, Thanks.

-Tanner
-Tanner
Caponey
Grunt
Grunt

Postby terror management » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Ok now that we have had some time to come back to life I want to start by saying a heartfelt thank you to

Norseman
Dwayne Dees
Psistalker
Tunnelrat
Matt
Doc from the Hellcat's
and everyone else who helped out at the game. If I have forgotten anyone I sincerly apologize. We kept it together through the support of genuinly good men/women like you. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US.

If the honor, professinalism and respect they showed us all that day is their normal day to day then the world, not just airsoft, is a better place for having them.

As for the game... We knew it would be intense underground as it is a missile base that was not meant to be breached or inifiltrated in anyway but HOLY SHIT MAN!!!! I have never been shot so many times in a month let alone a day! and I was strickly admin'n with out a gun, at least 145 times if I was shot once.

There were some of the normal big game issues we all deal with but all in all I was impressed with almost every team there. There was one issue i would still like to resolve though. I was confronted by a very pissed off player who came to me stating that he just shot a guy, the guy called hit, and then turned around and said im not hit, then shot the guy who "shot" him first.
I would like to hear the other side of the story, before we make a judgement. I need the player to explain himself and if it was an honest mistake then we can explain how to handle the situation in the future. But if it was done on purpose you have exposed your whole team to "punishment" so step up and take it on the chin or we will handle the situation. :tank:

Now that we have had a "dry run" of the facility we have seen the hurdles we have in front of us to deal with and more importantly we see how we can vastly improve upon gameplay.
a few things we have in our heads right now:
1. player limits- we will have set maximums
2. solid and clear rules that can not be chaged...if it isn't in the ruleset it isn't allowed...no more gameday changes in an effort to appease those who came to us without reading ALL the rules.
3. More props... we have already been given two "satchel charges" by Dwayne Dees from DB custom and they are sic. we will have descriptions w/pics on how to effectivly use all props on the event web page.
4. riot shield,grenade,claymore etc rules will be clear
5. We are already using some of the feedback from the "vets" on the planning of the next op... I promise you will love it. As always it won't be easy but it will be more realistic. I have never had such a fun time planning an op as I have had with this next one and all I can say is "this will be one of the funnest,hardest games I can imagine". I am writing it with the knowledge that the players who come to the base are definatly capable of multiple objectives at the same time and they also understand i will f' their plans...just like the real military and they will have to think on their feet.
6. as always with us you will have the most active admins

As for who won and who lost... I think we all won but like we said in the post the side that moves,shoots and communicates as a team will be victorious...and they were.

If you have any f'n' cool props or good suggestions(cough Dees cough) please pm me here or contact scott@wildboararmory or hit up chickenhawks ego here as well.

We will announce the next game and date very soon...until then T.H.S. West is looking forward to seeing you all on the field of battle either alongside us or in our sights :shock: :badgrin:
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Dees » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:08 pm

I can work up a text showing how to deploy the satchel charges, and if you want I can even do one on how to make them (really cheap), so no big deal on that end, but when it comes to some of the things I would love to see get put into the mix;
1. There was so much room to do things that it didn't make any sense for the insurgents to be on the attack. Those hallways were made to be easily defended, so if (in the hallway we were in, left side for the USFOR) we had retreated back down the hall and used the available cover there, we could have put on a very interesting, multi-stage defense, causing the USFOR to bottleneck and expose their tail for forces that were in the other tunnels. It would have also made it possible to get the USFOR into the base a little easier, and not bottleneck them in their "respawn" area.
2. That entry corridor had some plywood obstacles in it that could have been a functioning "check point bunker" with a little redesign of the materials already there, so maybe putting in a security bunker there would be an idea for when the USFOR controls te base? It would provide an interesting chance to use a little "roleplay" for the teams involved, and by using hinges to hold the walls together you could take it down and move it or change the shape to be an obstacle again.
3. The room straight in from the entrance (center of the 3 hallways) could have been a really nice command center for the facility, making some interesting mission objectives in there and adding to the mission stress for both sides, causing a need to mix it up a little more then the hallway defenses.

I am seriously loving the potential of that place, and look forward to coming back when I am not so sick, so I can enjoy myself more!
Thanks for putting on a fun OP!
Dees
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aeacus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Matt wrote:Whoever my helmet camera guy was, dude you rocked! Insane tunnel rushing from a first person perspective is awesome.

Thank you, that's good to hear that the footage came out! And I can't wait to see the vid.
Aeacus
Ranger
Ranger

LOST

Postby Painless » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:02 am

I FOUND A M4 MAG WITH THREE NUMBERS ON THE BOTTOM.

IF YOU HAVE LOST A MAG AT THE WARGAMES EVENT LET ME KNOW
Painless
Retailer
Retailer

Postby terror management » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:34 am

VIDEO WILL BE UP SOON!!!
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Diddy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:36 am

Hmmm... I know I am a bit late posting this (I just read this thread for the first time) but I think I was the other guy in the "incident" mentioned above by Terror Management. I remember one point in the game in which my US comrade and I were defending a hilltop overlooking the entrance into the undergroound facility. We were attacked from behind, and my teammate was downed by the enemy's first burst. As I realized what was happening I yelled "SHIT", turned my weapon on the attackers and opened fire. What I didn't realize was that I had already been hit in the first burst before I even turned around. The attackers yelled out to me and said that I was out. I asked if they were sure, because I didn't feel a thing, and they said they watched it bounce off of me. I realized my mistake and called out. I apologize to the other guys who were firing at me, I had no intention of "gumping" and I certainly should not have questioned thier judgement. I was definitley a little too hopped up on adrenalin at the time!
Keep your fingers to yourself.
Diddy
Soldier
Soldier

Article

Postby Painless » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:10 am

Here is the WARGAMES article by Knuckles article layout by Scott Griffin.

http://www.forums.wildboararmory.com/vi ... ?f=31&t=39
Painless
Retailer
Retailer

Postby Braddock » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 am

ok, game is long over.
everyone had fun.
Braddock

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games