NWO presents: Raid at Rilea(Sunday April 13, 2008)

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Martin. » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:01 pm

tactical tailor has joined the donations roster
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Attack37 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Jensen wrote:Should grenadiers be using foam projectiles or showers for this?

Using 40mm to breach a door is pretty nice. Breaches and acts like a banger to anyone in the adjacent rooms.

I like where NWO is going with this. Reminds me of my days as OpFor at Ft Irwin CA. The Opfor are given a mission just like the BlueFor (goodguys) and they are kept in check by thier own evaluator.

Tell me if I am right on this... the grading system will be on how you work as a team, and how you work with other groups. Not whether you do things according to FM 3-22.11 but whether you maintained security and employed weapon systems properly.
Attack37
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Martin. » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:51 pm

Attack37 wrote:Tell me if I am right on this... the grading system will be on how you work as a team, and how you work with other groups. Not whether you do things according to FM 3-22.11 but whether you maintained security and employed weapon systems properly.

;)
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby O'Doyle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:04 pm

That is more or less correct. I dont want to give all of the scoring criterea away, more will be discussed when the OPORD is given, but no if you forget to leave a 5 point contingency plan or count everyone out when leaving to go on the mission you will not be graded down. The scenario's will be graded on time hacks met, fratecide(friendly's killed, hence teamwork with in and out of your team), assigned missions and tasks being accomplished, and general weapons deployment in relation to security during the mission. Hope that helps.
O'Doyle
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Attack37 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Helps alot, just coming out of ANCOC has me thinking logistics, not so much tactics. But I am getting a good idea, or a "warm fuzzy", about the concept of operation.

Once WAR has thier team, and I have checked my drill schedule, I hope to be adding my name to this list.
Attack37
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Siliconrooster » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:34 pm

To all who are thinking of comeing to this event there is going to an WARNO sent out to all team leaders in the next 2 weeks so your teams will have a heads up before the event.
Siliconrooster
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Martin. » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Current donations for prizes:
AEX

AIRSOFT OUTLET NW

PRECISION AIRSOFT

OREGON PAINTBALL

COMBAT SPORT SUPPLY

DB CUSTOMS

US TACTICAL SUPPLY

OREGON NATIONAL GUARD

TACTICAL TAYLOR

AIRSOCOM

AMFO

the prizes will total out to about $3000 worth of goodies
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby Martin. » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:52 pm

teams updated - 1 slot left
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby Martin. » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:31 pm

1. Situation.
a. Enemy Forces: Camp Rilea has been taken over by The Nationalist Brotherhood (TNB) The TNB is a homegrown radical terrorist group who’s stated aims are to bring about a new system of government and to purge the populace of non conformists. The TNB is using Camp Rilea as a base of operations and using it to try to expand their foothold in the area. From this strategic position they have been sending out small units to harass the local populace as well as to interdict supplies traveling along the main north/south supply route for the coast.
1. Enemy consists of 2-3 man teams armed with assault rifles, pistols, and assorted explosives
2. Recent activities in the area include roving patrols within their area of control, ambushes along the main highways, harassment of the local populace in an effort to show that they are in total control of the area.
3. The TNB’s known locations include Rilea village, Check Point Charlie, there are also various suspected locations around Slusher Lake.
4. The TNB’s most likely course of action is to stay and fight if they feel they have equal or superior fire power, but if faced with superior numbers they will fall back to strong hold positions. Their most dangerous course of action would be to try and take over the town of Astoria, thus controlling the main shipping route for the rest of the state of Oregon.

b. Friendly Forces: Task Force Thunder is comprised of several elite units as well as Oregon National Guard forces being used to cordon off the area of operation within zone Camp Rilea.
1. TF Thunder will conduct clearing operations IOT destroy enemy forces within zone Camp Rilea.
2. Task Force Thunder will conduct clearing operations IOT destroy enemy forces within zone Camp Rilea.
3. The intent of this operation is to destroy all enemy forces within zone Camp Rilea and gather intel IOT determine enemies ability to conduct future operations.
4. Task Force Thunder will be conducting simultaneous missions in the southern portion of zone Camp Rilea IOT clear all enemy forces from known and suspected locations.
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby Martin. » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Also, to reserve your teams slot for "Raid at Rilea" you can opt to pay the equivalent of 4 players ($120) and the rest can pay on sight if you wish.
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby she_hulk » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:36 pm

marine radiors might i just told the team so they should get back to me about it
if you aint go the guts stay off the turf XD
she_hulk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Wzupthen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am

I am sorry to report that it seems SOTA will be unable to attend :(
Wzupthen
Retailer
Retailer

Team: SOTA

Postby Martin. » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 am

do to an event planners inability to make the game because of a out of country family illness, NWO is going to postpone this event for approximately 3 months.

all team leaders that expressed interest in attending expect a inbound PM.
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby Fury » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:59 am

What is with all these events that I want to go to being cancelled lately? :evil:
"WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT, ONLY WHO IS LEFT."
Fury
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Martin. » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Fury wrote:What is with all these events that I want to go to being cancelled lately? :evil:

no worries, a PM is inbound explaining the details.
Martin.
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games