NWO presents: Raid at Rilea(Sunday April 13, 2008)

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Variable » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:04 am

That actually works out well for me :)
Variable

Team: APST

Postby terror management » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:18 am

Martin. wrote:do to an event planners inability to make the game because of a out of country family illness, NWO is going to postpone this event for approximately 3 months.

all team leaders that expressed interest in attending expect a inbound PM.

you got an event planner right here. Lets do this.
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Knuckles » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:41 am

Another cancelled game!?!

<.<
>.>

This reeks of CONSPIRACY!

<lights torch>
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby Nocte » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 am

[dons tinfoil hat and similarly wields pitchfork]
ImageImage
Nocte

Postby Martin. » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm

terror management wrote:
Martin. wrote:do to an event planners inability to make the game because of a out of country family illness, NWO is going to postpone this event for approximately 3 months.

all team leaders that expressed interest in attending expect a inbound PM.

you got an event planner right here. Lets do this.

thanks for the motivation steve, but we'd (NWO) rather have you on page 1 on day 1. we'll have a good time that day anyway with some skirming. the bigger event will come later.
Martin.
Specops
Specops

Postby terror management » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 pm

ten four I'm down with whatever's clever
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:02 am

so now the skirm/training event is cancelled too??

are you guys going to post some accurate info on what is exactly going on with this either in PM or in this thread.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Siliconrooster » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:37 am

I would like to thank you for you enthusiasum for our event, or team has had some things happen to its members over the last week or so. The three main planers for the event are either out of state with personal issues or have medicial issuses.
As for the info not being accurate is a fault on both sides of the fence, since we only had 2 people pre-pay for the event and we stated several times that the drop dead date for the event was April 1 for 3 pre-payed from each team. Well as you guys can guess being what the community is they failed to hold up there end of the bargain. I myself just couldn't see making my team carry the burden of $375 for putting on an event at Rilea and then not have anyone show or not enough to cover the costs and we eat it in the shorts.
If anyone has any issuse they feel they need airing please contact me.
Peace thru supriour fire power.
Siliconrooster
Recruit
Recruit

Postby KA-BAR » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:17 am

Siliconrooster wrote: Well as you guys can guess being what the community is they failed to hold up there end of the bargain. I myself just couldn't see making my team carry the burden of $375 for putting on an event at Rilea and then not have anyone show or not enough to cover the costs and we eat it in the shorts.

wow.

so your event was to be footed by the entire community?

i went to grid18, belligerence, solomans pass,Maddog, pretty much every major op that AP.com has put on. all of them had pre pay options, but their entire OP did not depend on the communities Pre pay. Zeus has never canceled a OP or game based on this alone. in fact if AP or APST ever posted a game, they were prepared to pay out of their team/event funds to make it happen, and if it meant they were the only ones standing on the field, then they were ready to "eat" that loss. and guess what they never were alone on the field, because it is known by everyone that wants to play airsoft in this area, that AP.com/APST/Zeus put on good quality events. so now since "the community" didn't fork over their money to you so you could get you event up and running is pure bullshit.

and the fact that you wanted to play at unsafe FPS levels to show us all how hardcore your teams style of play is, then at a event that has a FPS limit of 330 ( BSP's OP: silent night ) one of your team got his face all shot to shit and got his tooth shot out. go figure.

maybe you should save your pennies ,if you actually want to host a game someday.

my support for your team's endeavors dwindles.

morgan
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Siliconrooster » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Dear friend,
Thanks for your words of advice on the subject of how to host an event. You and I both know that when you run a event at places like home fields and the like there is little if no out of pocket expense, at place like Rilea and other place where you have to follow the rules that are set in place by the facility there is a certain level of money that has to come out of pocket first. For example like Rilea you have to have a Million dollar liability policy in place first and you also have to rent a porta potty for every 30 or so bodies that come, then there is the usage fee for the site. Let’s total this up $300 for insurance $75 to $125 for crappers and $9.50 per body for usage fee for a grand total of $681.50 just to put on the event this weekend. Now I don’t know of any team out there that would be able to eat that kind of cash out of hand.

As for the higher FPS limits I’m all for it, yeah it sucked to get my tooth shot out and have to fork over $1000 to get it fixed after its all said and done for, I would also like to clarify how it got shot out. I really don’t think it was a high FPS gun that did it; it was the guy who blind fired through a closed door from a direction that no one was suppose to be in and from 10 feet away. If I remember correctly not many people where running more than 350 at the event, I do take most of the responsibility for that happening to me since I wasn’t wearing full face gear.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to shed some light on what actually happened.
Dave
Peace thru supriour fire power.
Siliconrooster
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nocte » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Siliconrooster wrote:Let’s total this up $300 for insurance $75 to $125 for crappers and $9.50 per body for usage fee for a grand total of $681.50 just to put on the event this weekend. Now I don’t know of any team out there that would be able to eat that kind of cash out of hand.

There are teams out there that sit on a variable bankroll. That's not the point, though. It is unrealistic, however, to assume that because Team A has that bankroll, that they will use it so people can decide at the last minute if they want to come to a game. This is getting into the entire topic of the Pre-pay thread started last week.

This event is a prime example of why folks should pre-pay for events they are interested in. If everyone expects to be able to show up with cash in hand for every event, you're going to see a lot of canceled games and you're not going to play airsoft as much, aside from the freebie skirms.

I apologize for being amongst those that didn't pre-pay and assumed I could just walk in with cash in hand. I realize I contributed to the cancellation of this event, and I really want to play at Rilea. Next time, you will certainly see a prepayment from me.
ImageImage
Nocte

Postby Rogue Reaper » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:18 pm

i to would have prepaid had I been aware that the game rode of the funds.

It don't make no nevermind to me, i was planning on attending right up till yesterday morning when I heard it was down.

So Rielia... Airsofters have been trying to break into this field for a game for as long as I can remember, Now we have somewhat of access and no one seams to give a damn, Sad state of affairs.

I for one still want to play airsoft there.

Also, there were no guns shooting over 330 last weekend, Bill chronoed everyone. If someone does manage to sneak a 330+ gun in and i catch them I will personally wrap it around a metal pole. It just isnt worth someones safety. there are alot of people that need to learn trigger control. just look at the damage the admins took at the game. Don't just shoot anything that moves, or doesn't move ;)

I for one am still playing airsoft this weekend.
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby Braddock » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 pm

I prepaid....
Braddock

Postby Fury » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:02 am

As did several from WAR.

It is to bad as several of us were looking forward to being able to go to an event a Rilea.
"WAR DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO IS RIGHT, ONLY WHO IS LEFT."
Fury
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Catch22 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:23 am

Game is postponed. There will be a new thread for the game when it's ready.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Previous

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games