OP: SILENT NIGHT April 4-5 7pm-Midnight

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Riddick » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:23 am

There will be ammo and green gas and a few other items for sale onsite if you need any...
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Team: N/A

Postby lunacite » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Riddick wrote:There will be ammo and green gas and a few other items for sale onsite if you need any...

Do we need to buy ammo? I thought it was being provided.
lunacite
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hellcat's Doc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm

The Cascade Hellcats will be brining 3 on Friday for Defense, and 3 on sat for offence.

Will there be set places for the people who are playing both days to stay? Or are we on our own?
Hellcat's Doc
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Eclipse » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:20 pm

previously living in rainier, i know that there are no hotels there. Your best bet is to find a hotel in Longview, WA.
Sometimes AP makes me cry...
TACTICAL MEDIC "Care Under Fire"
Eclipse
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Machine » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm

I have sealed goggles, but no "helmet". I was planning on wearing a full balaclava that covers everything from my collar bone up (except my eyes which will be safe underneath the goggles). The material is a decent thickness, and should provide me with moderate protection (given everyones shooting under 330 like they should). Will my gear be okay or do I need to go hunting for a flight helmet?
Machine
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Amos » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:41 am

Machine wrote:I have sealed goggles, but no "helmet". I was planning on wearing a full balaclava that covers everything from my collar bone up (except my eyes which will be safe underneath the goggles). The material is a decent thickness, and should provide me with moderate protection (given everyones shooting under 330 like they should). Will my gear be okay or do I need to go hunting for a flight helmet?

The helmets are to prevent busting your noggin' on a door jam or desk*, not to protect from BBs.

*My helmet saved my head at the last event hosted at Rainier. It was a desk that would have most assuredly busted open my cranium and caused me to get some stitches at the very minimum, the requirement is well founded.

You can probably find a replica PASGT or MICH helmet for a pretty decent price, most airsoft sites carry them.

Happy hunting.
"We are going to find their pole. Then we are going to smoke it. We are going to smoke their pole." -Summers
Amos
Specops
Specops

Team: APST

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:47 am

andy and bax has them for $30
Eclipse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Seagreen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:47 am

Yes, we'll provide ammo.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Machine » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:54 am

Amos wrote:
Machine wrote:I have sealed goggles, but no "helmet". I was planning on wearing a full balaclava that covers everything from my collar bone up (except my eyes which will be safe underneath the goggles). The material is a decent thickness, and should provide me with moderate protection (given everyones shooting under 330 like they should). Will my gear be okay or do I need to go hunting for a flight helmet?

The helmets are to prevent busting your noggin' on a door jam or desk*, not to protect from BBs.

*My helmet saved my head at the last event hosted at Rainier. It was a desk that would have most assuredly busted open my cranium and caused me to get some stitches at the very minimum, the requirement is well founded.

You can probably find a replica PASGT or MICH helmet for a pretty decent price, most airsoft sites carry them.

Happy hunting.

Do replicas offer the same "anti-noggin crackin" protection than the real deal? I don't wan't to buy something that's going to crack open with my skull if I fall down ( Which I don't plan on doing. I've been working in a hazardous work enviroment for over 7 years without a helmet, and I'm still head wound free).
Machine
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Reese » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Replicas aren't going to be able to withstand a bat to the head or a bullet (obviously), but if you happen to be in a tight space and you bang your head on a air duct or a rafter it will save you from a serious injury.
"Your reputation is the only true currency you have in this community... spend it wisely."
Reese
Specops
Specops

Postby Nocte » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:21 pm

No one PLANS on falling on their head...
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 pm

and if you do crack your head open, you will have the best medics of portland there to patch you up. We do get 10 band-aids for the game... :D Good to go!
Eclipse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Machine » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Here's some headgear I've found. Input appreciated:

1. I know this is a paintball mask, but I saw one at the local Joes which means I can just drive a few minutes and pick it up. It's not exactly a helmet, but looks like it puts some pretty tough plastic in between my brain pan, and Whatever blunt, edged or hard object I may or may not collide with. Plus it looks cool, and features a decent pair of goggles.

http://www.joessports.com/product/index ... age=family

2. This one looks a little more appropriate, but I'll have to order it during the weekend, and hope it gets here in time.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... odID=22406

I also plan on driving over to andy and bax this weekend to see if they have anything suitable. I basically want something lightweight and sleek. I don't want a big'ol bucket on my head for five hours. If anyone knows any really good websites that offer excellent shipping/prices and have the type of helmet in the second link (doesn't have to be exactly the same, but must be black) please let me know.
Machine
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kendodude » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:15 am

I personally dislike helmets. Usually people see me on the field with all sorts of different hats.

The replica PASGTs they have at andy & bax aren't bad and pretty comfy. I didn't mind wearing it at the last skirm I went to.
"One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth." - Quattro Bajeena aka Char Aznable
Kendodude

Postby Machine » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 pm

I have my helmet crisis all figured out, I'm going to check out Dicks Sporting Goods (just opened in washington square). I was looking at the type of helmet I want on various airsoft sites and realized most of them are just helmets for snowboarding, skiing, and whatever. I think it's better to buy something you know will protect your noggin instead of hoping that what you ordered from some airsoft site wil protect your head. They have some pretty spiffy helmets for under $100.00.

If the price is right, and it protects my head without making me look like I should be drooling, crosseyed and crappin myself I'm good to go.

I think I stated earlier I might have another person coming with me. He can't make it because he's a pansy. So I'll be coming alone on defense both days.
Machine
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games