CQC Competition 3: Nov 19-20

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Re: CQC Competition 3: Nov 19-20

Postby Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:39 am

But dispite everything, the short notice, the site going down, the lack of proper prep time, or even the loss of a couple of my teams players. Myself and my team are going to go, participate, and just have fun.
If we win, if we lose, Hell if we come in dead last among all the teams. It does not matter. Because its all about having some fun, and shooting some people.

Amen to that! I wanted to push it back to December, but with the house being renovated we really don't have any other option but to have it on short notice. CQC Summer 2006 should give more time for prep.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Seagreen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:57 am

To all the teams that are participating, as Dantes stated, the timeline was supposed to be +2-4 weeks from the current date. The whole renovation issue set our timeframe. Thank you for understanding and getting motivated to kick some tail. No matter what the score is, it will be fun for all those who attend.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby tommyboy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:02 pm

Dantes";p="29296 wrote:CQC Summer 2006 should give more time for prep.

OK, so there is going to be another one in the works. I know last time there was the CQC Comp in Dec. 2004 followed by the CQC Comp in April 2005. I was assuming there would be another come Spring time like last. I wasn't going to bring it up until this one had past. I have one of my teammates who really wants to play but will be in Disneyland during this Competition. So I had been telling him there would be another (hopefully) if it was done like last couple.

And as far as the short notice goes on this one, I am sure most people figured it was due to the location of the competition. Or at the very least should understand the reason behind the little bit of a rush. But as I said, and I know many others who feel the same; regardless of what ever rush issues there are its all just a matter of having fun and doing the best we can with what we got.

OH and another thing, from what Bill was saying about how this one is going to be operated. It sounds like alot of planning has gone into it regardless of the short prep time (that even the administrators had to deal with) and I am sure it is going to be a blast. Thanks ahead of time to Seagreen, Dantes, & Deacon for putting this thing on. As well as all the others who are helping with the whole thing.
And thanks to Gunny and everyone for putting on the training day yesterday at Scappose field. I know many needed it, even if you have gone through the previous CQC events or have prior training. And especially for all the players who have not played the CQC. Thanks to all who are contributing to making this the best Competition it can be. I look forward to playing.

SEMPER FI!
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Seagreen » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:47 pm

There is now one SUNDAY AM slot available. If you still are interested in participating, here is the opportunity.
Seagreen

Postby Matt » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:07 pm

Yeah, it seems to work out best about 2 times a year, so I figure late Spring or Early Summer for the timeline. We're going to start searching for the next venue right after this competition is over. Hopefully we'll have a good 3 months lead time on this one so all teams will have more time to prepare.

Regardless, I am happy to see so many teams decided to step up and run this competition on short notice. Yes, it WILL be fun. I am very much looking forward to observing each of the teams at this event. Good luck to all!
Matt

Postby tommyboy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:52 pm

If anyone is still looking to join on a team at the last minute for the competition, I have room for 1 more player. if you think you might want to run and dont have a team get a hold of me ASAP!!!
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Viking67 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:26 pm

Can anyone lend me some MP5 magazines for the game? I ordered some Star mags, but I was just informed that they are on back order for 2 to 3 weeks. If anyone could loan me some for Saturday please PM me.
Viking67
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Wombat » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:27 pm

How exactly will the raffle work?
Say for instance, in some alternate dimension there exists a team that lives four hours away from said airsoft event, and they are scheduled for Saturday PM. They come up and do their thing, then drive back down, except the lucky one who can spend the night at someone's house in Portland.
The next day, around 6:00, one of his teammates wins something in the raffle. Is he allowed to claim his teammate's prize for him? Can teammates give each other their raffle tickets? Because I don't know where to house 6 guys in Portland...

I might be the only one of our members at the Spaghetti Factory.
Wombat
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mono » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:33 am

As odd as this sounds, my house might be a possibility. We're in Tigard, about 10 miles south of Portland. Less than 20 minutes from downtown in light traffic on I-5. If you've got to smoke, do it outside and air out first. My dad's allergic to smoke. No swearing in the house, or within earshot of the parental units. I know, we're no fun. But we've got couch and floor space. Bring your own sleeping bags and pillows. Would you be staying one night or two?

Just an offer.

Well, uh... Yes, that will happen.
Mono
Specops
Specops

Postby tommyboy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:40 am

as far as the raffle thing goes, I believe you have to be in there to even recieve a ticket for the raffle. But since this CQC is being held in a completely new way from the previous one not sure. But I would assume that the tickets will be handed out before the raffle like last time. Which I would again have to assume will be at the award banquet.
but Seagreen is the man for his event, so he know how it will go.

as far as being so far out from the play location, you could have requested a sunday run becasue of the fact. I believe Seagreen's post about the game even said to do just that.
Last edited by tommyboy on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:19 am

For this reason, we wanted to setup teams travelling from far distances on Sunday so that they could participate in the event and then head to the raffle on the same day. You might ask Seagreen about swapping your timeslot if that makes it more convenient for you.
Matt

Postby Seagreen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:48 am

CQC 3 Guidelines for play:

Equipment:

Eye Protection:

Required ANSI z87.1 Ballistic Protection (Full Seal suggested)
-Mesh is also acceptable.

This is the only requirement for personal protection. Helmets, gloves, boots, ect are suggested, but not required.

Primary Weapon Systems (AEG)

400FPS or less. Suggested Stock (280fps)

Magazines: Real Steel Equivilant.

-NO HI-CAPs that WIND.

(LOAD YOUR MAGS PRIOR TO YOUR CALL OUT. IT WILL ELIMINATE CONFUSION)

GBB-
Real Steel Magazine load.

-Primative Combat tools:

Knife: Practice type blades are the only knives that will be allowed on the play field.
(IF THE ADMINSTRATION SEE's A REAL STEEL BLADED ITEM, YOU WILL REMOVE IT, AND YOUR TEAM WILL BE PENALIZED FOR YOUR LACK OF ADHERENCE TO THE SAFETY GUIDELINES)

THERE WILL BE NO HANDCUFFs OR ZIP-TIES ACTUALLY USED IN THE COMPETITION. IF YOU CHOOSE TO CARRY THESE ITEMS FOR GENERAL COOL VALUE, THAT IS FINE. IF THEY ARE PUT INTO USE, THE TEAM WILL EITHER BE DISQUALIFIED (IF AN INJURY RESULTS) OR SEVERELY PENALIZED FOR IGNORING THE RULES.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does this TIMESLOT thing work?

Your team has been given a specified timeslot. This timeslot correlates to your call out window.

SATURDAY AM: Be in SE Portland near the field by 7:00am. You will be contacted between that time and Noon.

SATURDAY PM: Be in SE Portland near the field by 11:30am. You will be contacted between that time and 4pm

SUNDAY AM: Be in SE Portland near the field by 7:00am. You will be contacted between that time and Noon.

SUNDAY PM: Be in SE Portland near the field by 11:30am. You will be contacted between that time and 4pm

EACH TEAM MUST PROVIDE AT LEAST 3 CELL NUMBERS FOR BEING CONTACTED. This ensures your team will not miss out by having someones service take a dump at the wrong time. PM THESE NUMBERS TO SEAGREEN IMMEDIATELY. I WILL BE THE ONE CALLING THE TEAMS....SO DO IT NOW.

Each team has a 2 hour window to show up, kit up, plan, and execute. This is plenty of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS SHOW UP WITH CIVILIAN CLOTHES DEAL?

If you show up in any tactical kit...other than your boots. YOU WILL BE DEDUCTED 100 PTS Per Infraction.

You will change on the field.

Why? When a team member gets an emergency call up, they would normally not be dressed for the circumstance just waiting to be deployed. They normally have a kit bag that contains the critical components. You guys get to feel their pain, because life sucks for them when it happens..so it shall for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SMOKE, FLASHBANG DEVICES:

NO PYROTECNIC DEVICES WILL BE ALLOWED.

If teams have alternate simulated flashbangs they may use them, but do not have the benefit of the "3 second rule" upon detonation. If teams choose to use horns, light flashes, ect, that is totally up to them.

Administration will provide the standard simulated "Flashbang" for team's usage...after tossing, the observer will yell...BANG, and COUNT TO THREE (approx 3 seconds) during that time, the actors will be paralyzed simulating blindness, deafness, and shock.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIT RULES:

This applies for both actors and players:

HEAD/TORSO: KIA (when you are die. YOU STAY IN PLACE. DO NOT MOVE)
ARM: Can walk, but not use appendage.
LEG: Cant move without Team Member aid. Can shoot.

ARREST RULES:

When a team member gains contact to an actor. BY A SIMPLE SINGLE HAND GRAB THIS WILL SIMULATE ALL THE NECESSARY SWAT-FU TO TAKE THE BAD GUY DOWN. THE ACTORS WILL NOT BE AGGRESSIVE AFTER CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE.

Simulating restraints: After the actor has been placed under control, the team member will say..."RESTRAINED" from this time on, the actor will be ZIP-TIED, HANDCUFFED, HOG-TIED,,,whatever it took to keep him locked down.

THE KEY WORD IS: "RESTRAINED"

VERBAL COMMANDS:

Just as in a real situation, people can respond to verbal commands. The Administration as well as Instructors suggest that team members use VERBAL COMMANDS to possibly aid themselves in gaining control of actors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIME HACK TIE BREAKER:

Although it is very unlikely that any team will have the same score. When the assault team's transition from planning to assault phase: Meaning they begin the execution of their mission, a timer will start. The timer will end when the team calls the house all clear.

IF THE HOUSE IS INFACT NOT CLEAR, THE TEAM WILL BE DEDUCTED 100 POINTS PER MISSED OBJECTIVE.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POST SCENERIO:

The Observer will give the team their score. The team will de-kit, and get off the field. Their mission is complete..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scoring: In the past, the scoring methods have not been clearly defined. This time, each team will have a scoring sheet they can see at the end of their performance.

The scoring deductions:

Team Members Killed: -100pts
Fratracide: -350pts
Civilian Deaths: -250pts
Failure to complete Primary and Secondary objective. -200pts/-100pts
Breaking R.O.E. -100pts

Pre-Deployment Q&A for the teams:-25pts per missed verbal question.

In case of a tie: Every team upon deployment for plan execution will be timed. This time will be the tie breaker.
Last edited by Seagreen on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seagreen

Postby Billdozer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:44 pm

So from my understanding, we load our magazines with the same number of rounds as real steel:

AK-30
MP5-30
G3-20
1911A1-7

Am I correct?
Billdozer
Banned
Banned

Postby Radduski » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:47 pm

That's correct.
Radduski

Postby Wombat » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:59 pm

Mk23 and compact pistol owners, "Aww..."

You just dropped me two rounds each. Unless I had .45 trademarks (8 rnds).

It's okay, I found out my team actually does have a place to stay. Didn't factor in some players and their siblings.

I didn't arrange the date, otherwise I would've chosen Sun PM (that is, if we didn't have a place to stay).
Wombat
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games