Infidel Bash '09: June 6th & 7th (Thank you all!!)

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Crusader 6 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Hmm, this is sounding very cool so far. I'll probably be down for it.
Crusader 6
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Juicemachine » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:33 pm

one question, though (yes, i know, i'm a double posting douche :evil: ) what are the impression guidelines, and how will sides be designated?
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby Seagreen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 pm

That will be lined out in the gameplay design.

It's the first time we've considered this type of warfare.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Darius137 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 pm

sweet. You're using my age limits for dating!
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Nocte » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:35 pm

$45 is kind of expensive...

I'll go anyway, most likely, but I'm skeptical of the goodie bags. On one hand, I might get something really cool in my bag for my $45 ticket.

It makes sense that a business entity would not give out $50 (at their cost) in gear to every attendee paying $45 in addition to an event they would normally charge money for, so it stands to reason that most of the goods in the bags will be items that have a large retail markup in relation to their cost (i.e. they would cost me $50 to purchase from a retailer, but the retailer gets them for much less).

I might get something that has thus far been unable to be sold through the retailer's normal means, but I must pay the extra costs of admission that comes with the bag, so I feel forced to potentially buy unwanted/overstock product (even if at discounted prices) in to be able to attend the event, and I might beat the odds and come out ahead.

It's a new concept, and I'm not against the idea, I'm just skeptical (surprise). Like I said, I'll probably be there. I would like to see more information on the gameplay.
Last edited by Nocte on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Darius137 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:37 pm

13 year olds are cheap if you're willing to go with a rebrand (Asia or India)
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Postby Whiskey » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:15 am

Im probably down... and if so +2 ish. Cant wait for more details.
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f@#$ the prom queen.
Whiskey
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AirsoftAmmoSupply » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 am

Nocte wrote:$45 is kind of expensive...

I'll go anyway, most likely, but I'm skeptical of the goodie bags. On one hand, I might get something really cool in my bag for my $45 ticket.

It makes sense that a business entity would not give out $50 (at their cost) in gear to every attendee paying $45 in addition to an event they would normally charge money for, so it stands to reason that most of the goods in the bags will be items that have a large retail markup in relation to their cost (i.e. they would cost me $50 to purchase from a retailer, but the retailer gets them for much less).

I might get something that has thus far been unable to be sold through the retailer's normal means, but I must pay the extra costs of admission that comes with the bag, so I feel forced to potentially buy unwanted/overstock product (even if at discounted prices) in to be able to attend the event, and I might beat the odds and come out ahead.

It's a new concept, and I'm not against the idea, I'm just skeptical (surprise). Like I said, I'll probably be there. I would like to see more information on the gameplay.

Nic, don't analyze the goodie bags. Just come if you want to and get what you get. It's free, who cares :-) if I thought it would suck I wouldnt even attempt the work its going to need to pull it off.

The goodie bags are just a way of saying thanks to those that attend. It's a concept that I thought would be kind of neat to try with various sponsors and to do something that hasn't been done before.

Similiar to something like the academy awards does for their presenters and who ever else they decide gets them.

The cost of admission has nothing to do with them in fact. Some people may find value to it others may not. We all should know by now that we cannot please everyone.

My goal is to have a great entertaining "EVENT" which encompases everything that happened that weekend not just the game itself.
AirsoftAmmoSupply

Postby AirsoftAmmoSupply » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:51 am

Darius137 wrote:13 year olds are cheap if you're willing to go with a rebrand (Asia or India)

i thought about making wear yellow and dress them up like ducks so they can be cannon fodder
AirsoftAmmoSupply

Postby REDZAW » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:24 am

I'm stoked! Expect to see me at every event here in molalla. I'll camp out there too even though I live 5 miles from the field.
C'mon w/ it!

ImageImage
REDZAW
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 am

I'll be there if I'm still in the US. I have a full haji outfit from the 'stan (complete with front and rear SAPI pockets) that I am always looking for an excuse to wear in public. Or maybe my Afghan Police outfit. Hmm. I'll have to see the team breakdown on this one.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Juicemachine » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:40 am

Seagreen wrote:That will be lined out in the gameplay design.

It's the first time we've considered this type of warfare.

i just want to know what gear/ camo to bring, and if i have to buy anything to the event.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby Redmoney » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm

The only thing that will keep me from this is OSP Trooper school. I dont know when im doing that yet so hopefully it works out.
I am the tactical vending machine.
FKA: Devil, Cowboy
Redmoney
Specops
Specops

Postby AirsoftAmmoSupply » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Game Details have not been announced yet however the allowed camo patterns have.

swap meet details have been added as well.

So if you know you are going to attend let me know what camo force you are going to be on and the number of others that are coming with you.

I know this isnt til june but I need as much planning time as possible and need to know #'s for it.

we will have team forums in late april so you can begin planning as the game will be announced way before then.

also please state if you are going to participate as a seller in the swap meet. it's free and open to anyone and you can just show up for the swap meet. Just make sure to let me know that.

so from this point, let me know who coming and use the outline described above.

AND yes this will be a epic WEEKEND!!! ;-)
AirsoftAmmoSupply

Postby Whiskey » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:03 pm

I will be in ACUs
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f@#$ the prom queen.
Whiskey
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games