Lords of War II - Rise of the Fallen

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby GoodWill » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Juicemachine wrote:
Mehdi-Sorry for the whole, you know, murdering you all with 15 minutes left thing. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I had no idea that my people would start shooting people in the face at 10 feet. I take responsibility for letting incompetent people do that kind of shit.

Thanks for manning up Juice...I was the dude(or one of them) that took the shot to the forehead. I thought it odd that two shots whizzed past my head from behind while I was standing in the middle of the street. Turn around and your man shot me in the face from yes 10ft. 6'2'', full body shot and picks my head. = awesome. Hell of a way to end the game.

Fun to be back out guys. Great game to come back out to. Been 7 months since the last one. Admins(especially Seagreen) awesome job. Always one around and very very helpful.

Highlight of the day was rolling left with 8-10 CAG and friends and running into APST on the corner. Got two of you guys before you snagged me, but that was a kick.

Really had no idea who to shoot or who was friendly with the side game. Sorry to the SOTA gal that I shot when I was confused :)

Can't wait for the next. Narc...thanks for getting my back all game. That was a kick...even I was running around crazy you were right there.
GoodWill
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby RebelPilot » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Pharaoh 6 wrote:Wow! What a game. By far the best run event I have attended in my 1.5 years of airsoft.

Pharaoh 6, I was one of Ogre's riflemen and found myself lying in the blackberries for 45 minutes on the west front, surrounded on 3 sides with BBs flying over my head, thinking about your morning briefing and motivational speech.

I have to say, that was the most fun I've had playing airsoft, ever. I think your speech about Maj. Winters et al galvanized the team.

Awesome team leadership, awesome team, awesome admins, awesome game. Well done, everybody, Ogre and 2/3, and, Pharaoh, I'm proud to have been on your team and hope you'll CO again.

-gatt
RebelPilot
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Darius137 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Jester316 wrote:Scared: The appology was for the action I took, not for the point of it.

Throwing someone's mag and getting in their face real world is a much worse crime than someone not following a gameplay mechanic rule. If you see something that is not within the rules tell an admin, not attack them. It makes a hostile work environment.

I know a lot of the people I had on my side did not understand half the rules because they just showed up that day. For future games, I'd recommend a better briefing before the game covering the rules, instead of just the safety. Also people who get physical should be ejected from the game. I've seen it too many times and it just kills the mood. Especially when it's someone in their 20's going bro-rage on a teenager who is there to have fun.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Darius137 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 pm

lilwil wrote:Missing some mp5 mags, a hicapa mag, and a rubber knife.

So, something that would have been a slight improvement was telling us the flags were not flags ahead of time. Our side walked right by two of them in the beginning, an admin had to inform us what the pipe thing was. I personally thought it was field debris.

There was a scheduled field-walk with the key leaders of both sides in the pre-game planning and information, but they cut that out.

As a note for future games, I'd recommend keeping things in and just pushing game time back to ensure all the blocks are covered.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Jester316 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Darius137 wrote:
Jester316 wrote:Scared: The apology was for the action I took, not for the point of it.

Throwing someone's mag and getting in their face real world is a much worse crime than someone not following a game play mechanic rule. If you see something that is not within the rules tell an admin, not attack them. It makes a hostile work environment.

I know a lot of the people I had on my side did not understand half the rules because they just showed up that day. For future games, I'd recommend a better briefing before the game covering the rules, instead of just the safety. Also people who get physical should be ejected from the game. I've seen it too many times and it just kills the mood. Especially when it's someone in their 20's going bro-rage on a teenager who is there to have fun.

Dan, this person we aware of the no-highcap rule. He even stated so. His reasoning was that it was the only mag that would work in the gun. Yes, I should have contacted an admin, and did so after my confrontation.

Lets get this straight: not once did I threaten, touch, or in anyway/shape/form cause physical harm to this person. There were others there who can corroborate that. I was informed by someone on the Mehdi team that this player went back to spawn and said I threw the mag at his face. Again, that is not what happened.

And I disagree that my outburst (not the act of throwing the magazine, that was wrong of me) was worse than the overall issue. As is said many times before/during/after a game, this is a game of honor and integrity. If a person chooses not to follow the rules regarding magazine restrictions, why should they follow the rules regarding engagement ranges? Or FPS limits? Or any of the other rules that were set forth? By simply showing up on game day, you agree to follow those rules. If you do not/cannot/will not follow them as does everyone else, you do not belong on the field. It comes back to this is a game of honor. The choices you make on the field reflect yourself.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Chachi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Yeah, I don't mean to get into this issue myself, but I felt that I have to state that the no high-cap rule has been listed on the initial post for this game since it was posted on 12/1/10. It then was also listed in the handbooks that were posted on each team page as well, and they were mandatory reading if you were going to play in this game. Pretty clear if you ask me.....which I know that no one did ask me. :)

Sorry, I am not taking any sides what so ever, but felt that point needed clarified. Proceed.
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

Postby chapped » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Good game was good.
Don't cloud it with BS.
Andrew apologized. Move on.
There is no justice.
There's just us.
chapped
Specops
Specops

Postby nb » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Sea Bass wrote:You can find my pictures on Flickr so everyone may see! Had some trouble with AP a bit...probably my fault. Not the most technical guy in the world. :3
I hope you enjoy what I have done, and my video should be up soon enough.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59793224@N03/sets/

Dope, I'm the cover image.
nb
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm

So I heard Jester stabbed a guy for hacking. What's up with that?
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Jester316 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:25 pm

So, I got some footage from my GoPro camera, only ended up with about 45min of footage. Here is my feeble attempt at a video. I know it's not that great, but I guess it's better than nothing.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Icepick » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 pm

+1 for Pantera!
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Strikerz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:37 pm

GoodWill wrote:
Juicemachine wrote:
Mehdi-Sorry for the whole, you know, murdering you all with 15 minutes left thing. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I had no idea that my people would start shooting people in the face at 10 feet. I take responsibility for letting incompetent people do that kind of shit.

Thanks for manning up Juice...I was the dude(or one of them) that took the shot to the forehead. I thought it odd that two shots whizzed past my head from behind while I was standing in the middle of the street. Turn around and your man shot me in the face from yes 10ft. 6'2'', full body shot and picks my head. = awesome. Hell of a way to end the game.

Fun to be back out guys. Great game to come back out to. Been 7 months since the last one. Admins(especially Seagreen) awesome job. Always one around and very very helpful.

Highlight of the day was rolling left with 8-10 CAG and friends and running into APST on the corner. Got two of you guys before you snagged me, but that was a kick.

Really had no idea who to shoot or who was friendly with the side game. Sorry to the SOTA gal that I shot when I was confused :)

Can't wait for the next. Narc...thanks for getting my back all game. That was a kick...even I was running around crazy you were right there.

Sorry for the long quote here, this situation was my bad. I was only adjusting my gun because i had missed the first few shots and while doing so did not consider my forward motion. my bad and i did apologize after i shot you.
Strikerz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Patrick750 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Is that it for the pictures? I'm still waiting for my epic close up of me showing off my warrior face
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Riddick » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Jester316 wrote:So, I got some footage from my GoPro camera, only ended up with about 45min of footage. Here is my feeble attempt at a video. I know it's not that great, but I guess it's better than nothing.

you forgot the "S" in LORDS ;-)
Riddick

Postby ogrejager » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Strikerz wrote:Sorry for the long quote here, this situation was my bad. I was only adjusting my gun because i had missed the first few shots and while doing so did not consider my forward motion. my bad and i did apologize after i shot you.

Just so no one else makes this same mistake again, could you explain in a bit more detail what/how this happened? Adjusting your gun?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games