Lords of War II - Rise of the Fallen

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Nocte » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Jesus Christ, Rick, I was just asking a question. If they help you run the game and disseminate information, fine.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Nocte wrote:Are private forums really necessary? In 5 years, I don't think I've ever taken information from the private forums of any OP and really utilized it in a game. As far as planning goes, it always winds up being posts like "Shoot the other guys" and then detailed lists of squads that don't get adhered to.

I don't know what team you are playing on, but the only time i have ever seen that in a private forum was in the RESII Infected forums.
Each time we used private forums we always attempted to organize and make plans, most of the time they failed. But This time we had taken what we had learned over the last few months, got some people willing to follow orders and we handed it out like pie.

We divided up our whole Mehdi army in sections and assigned the sections to parts of the field.

We discussed tactics for use on the field, what type of weapons would be best at certain parts of the field. plans of action, back up plans of action. Getting people into character, and asked Riddick lots of questions.

Since i took part in the planning process for our team in LOWI, i would like a private forum for LOWII so we can round up people, and do our thing again.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Team: N/A

Postby Riddick » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:00 pm

So let's not turn this into a bunch of nonsense about private forums.

Nic, I reacted the way I did because I didn't want to see the next 3 pages of postings to become about the legitimacy of the private forums.

I think certain level of events they become useful. If we took them more seriously by participating more than others would follow. Like pickles acknowledge the last event it proved to be useful because myself and others utilized them.

Maybe it should be a topic of discussion and be brought up in it's own thread similar to what Matt did with the NO Show - NO Notice for the last event. That way people can say whatever they want and not cloud up a game thread.
Riddick

Postby MiTzKreiig » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:13 am

hey sign me up for edg and i will b bringing a m60
MiTzKreiig
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Riddick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:20 am

MiTzKreiig wrote:hey sign me up for edg and i will b bringing a m60

please read the game thread....

oh and this specifically.....

Pharaoh 6 wrote:
Riddick wrote:rosters updated

darius / gentleman - please remember the following

If you are using a bolt action rifle or dedicated SAW platform, please submit your interest to the commanders of the side you've choosen to play for. They have final say

EDG Commander: Pharaoh 6

Mehdi Commander: Darius137

whatever criteria they have is their decision for selection.

So if you have asked me for a saw or sniper position it has not been reserved unless I see a PM from a commander.

ACLON,

I've seen several players from EDG request Bolt or SAW platform from Riddick. Please see his post above and the main post for rules governing filling one of these spots. I have yet to recieve any PM's for requests. My goal is not to be a control freak, but to find the most qualified people to fill the limited amount of roles. Its about teamwork.

P6
Riddick

Postby Punk37 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 am

I'm in plus 5
Punk37
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 am

Can you put me down for +7 SAWs

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 am

Ash wrote:Can you put me down for +7 SAWs

I'm fairly new so I don't know everyone's quirks. I'm assuming your being a smart a$$ to stir the pot or are you trying to make a statement?
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:16 am

Pharaoh 6 wrote:

I'm fairly new so I don't know everyone's quirks. I'm assuming your being a smart a$$ to stir the pot or are you trying to make a statement?

I don't know if he actually has 7, but Ash has quite a bit of them. SOTA as a team also has a good amount of them.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Riddick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:16 am

Punk37 wrote:I'm in plus 5

what side ? It's a important detail ;-)

Pharaoh 6 wrote:

He saw the post and is trying to be a smart a$$ aka funny guy
Riddick

Postby Pharaoh 6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:24 pm

Ah!
Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand.
Colin Powell
Pharaoh 6
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Riddick wrote:
Punk37 wrote:I'm in plus 5

what side ? It's a important detail ;-)

Pharaoh 6 wrote:

He saw the post and is trying to be a smart a$$ aka funny guy

Yeah I was just messing. SOTA does however have at least 9 support weapons.

Since we are rolling as one of the Merc Black Market body guard's teams I was trying to make a funny.

Ash
Specops
Specops

Postby Riddick » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Private Forums are open. I've pretty much got everyone added.

If you need access -

To gain access:
1. Navigate to Community / UserGroups in the top menu.
2. Pick your side from the drop-down list, all groups for this OP start with "LOWII" Click "View Information"
3. On the group page, click the button to join.
4. Wait. A group moderator will accept your request, might take a few hours. Be patient.

You have until Jan 1st to decide if you want to switch teams. On Jan. 2nd there will be no switching to maintain integrity of the private forums.

Information will begin to flow in about a week / week and a half. We are still a ways off so there is lots of time left to plan.
Riddick

Postby Darius137 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 am

Mehdi forums are up. If you're on Mehdi, or going Mehdi, sign up here, and get on the forums so we can chit chat and have long, drawn out, non-related discussions!
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:20 am

I want long drawn out discussions

Ash
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games