CQC4 Competition Signup : July 1-2

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Postby Seagreen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:13 pm

Welcome to the next level of CQC gentlemen.

Scoring: We are retaining the same scoring guidelines as with CQC3

The scoring deductions:

Team Members Killed: -100pts
Fratracide: -350pts
Civilian Deaths: -250pts
Failure to complete Primary and Secondary objective. -200pts/-100pts
Breaking R.O.E./S.O.P -100pts

Pre-Deployment Q&A for the teams:-25pts per missed verbal question.
(The same questions are asked of each team for each mission for any of you who may have any questions concerning that)

In case of a tie: Every team upon deployment for plan execution will be timed. This time will be the tie breaker.

Those of you who have participated in the last CQC events understand the Q&A.

As in the past, you will have a post scenerio brief. You will know your score walking away from each scenerio.

Simulated FB's and Frag's:

The Administration will provide the PVC style FB's and Frags, a player will carry no more than 2 each of these items (read 2 FB's 2 Frags). Use them wisely.

When you use these items, administrators will be overseeing and actors are trained to react accordingly. You must yell "BANG OUT" upon deploying a flashbang, and "FIRE IN THE HOLE" when deploying a frag, this helps actors react correctly. There will be no out-loud 3 second count on flashbang devices. (Actors will be trained to wait a designated period of time before behaving normally again)

*If a team elects (as EATF did at cqc3) to use alternate distraction devices, it must be cleared with Administration prior to entering the field, so contact Matt or Myself if you have kit questions.

If you leave a man on the ground dead, I will mark that as an ROE/SOP deduction. Normally causualties collection points are determined prior to entering a location, or noted on the fly while the team moves. If you leave a guy bleeding out, expect a deduction.

Can you take his kit? That is operator choice.

I want to stress this time that we, the admins, have come up with some very diverse operating circumstances for the teams to be dropped into. I can not stress enough to each team, USE THIS TIME TO WORK ON YOUR SKILLS. GET COHESIVE. GET SOLID, GET FAST, be able to ADAPT AND OVERCOME.

If you slack now, you will pay for it come game day when your score is announced.

*Another item: There was a very specific ROE/SOP that is very straight forward and was the cause of many deductions for several teams in CQC3. DO NOT SWEEP YOUR MUZZLE OVER A TEAM MATE. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE DEDUCTED 100 pts. EACH TIME.

That is all for now. Train hard, win the event. Good luck.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:39 pm

Edited the above to reflect different flashbang rules.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Seagreen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:56 am

Ren, dont confuse the issue.

You get hit in the head or neck, you are down for the count. I see someone disregarding BB contacts and they get their whole team DISQUALIFIED from the competition.

Event staff will be monitoring and filming your teams every move.
Seagreen

Postby Deleteplz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:47 am

Seagreen wrote:Ren, dont confuse the issue.

You get hit in the head or neck, you are down for the count. I see someone disregarding BB contacts and they get their whole team DISQUALIFIED from the competition.

Event staff will be monitoring and filming your teams every move.

Thanks anyways. I was sure it was a lame question.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Team: N/A

Postby Brooklyn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:05 pm

Thanks for the clarification. We don't plan on leaving anyone behind.
"The only easy day was yesterday"
"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle."
"Not every day is a sunny one. Some days you're the piegon, some days you're the statue."
Brooklyn
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Brooklyn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:12 pm

ETA on when ROE and SOP are going to be posted?
"Not every day is a sunny one. Some days you're the piegon, some days you're the statue."
Brooklyn
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Seagreen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:13 pm

We do not set your SOP.

My suggestion would be to talk with some of the other teams and find out what they are doing, or refer to some field manuels. As an Admin for this event it would be unfair to allow any specifics on any mission type the teams may be facing.

We expect the teams showing up to have at least an understanding of how to perform in a CQC environment (SOP/ROE). That each competitor has an understanding of the general differences in ROE/SOP for LE and Military operations. With that said, ROE specifics will be given on the spot in the pre-scenerio brief.
Seagreen

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:20 pm

To try to help out the guys who are having a little difficulty trying to figure out the difference between Police and Military Close Quarters Battle drill
Wikipedia - CQB wrote:Military

Military uses of close quarters battle vary by unit type, branch and mission. Military operations other than war (MOOTW) may involve peacekeeping or riot control. Specialized forces such as the U.S. Coast Guard may adapt CQB tactics for the boarding of small vessels at sea. Hostage rescue or extrication by commando troops such as the British Special Air Service, Delta Force or U.S. Navy SEALs may involve even more esoteric adaptations or variations, depending on specialized environments, weapons technology, political considerations or a mixture of friendly, unfriendly or civilian personnel.

Armies that often engage in urban warfare operation may train most of their infantry in basic CQB doctrine as it relates to common tasks such as building entry, "clearing a room" and concussion and other grenades.
[edit]

Police

Police CQB doctrine is also specialized by unit type and mission. Riot control, corrections and SWAT teams, for example, each have different goals, but may make use of similar tactics and technology such as non-lethal force. A prison, for example, may have a squad which specializes in high-risk cell extractions, and psychiatric hospitals or wards often have similar specialized teams. Among the "less-than-lethal" tools and tactics central to police CQB electroshock guns, pepper spray, riot shields and riot guns to fire tear gas, rubber bullets, plastic bullets or beanbag rounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CQB#Military
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Seagreen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Alex, do you guys have your roster finalized? We need them as soon as possible.
Seagreen

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 pm

Seagreen wrote:Alex, do you guys have your roster finalized? We need them as soon as possible.
PM sent
Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Matt » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:09 pm

Spokane Airsoft has jumped on board as another sponsor, to provide us with professional quality trophies and awards for the competition! Special thanks goes out to Wade Moss (Norseman) and Spokane Airsoft!
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Brooklyn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 pm

I gotch'a cap'n! We're set to go [or least in June we'll find out].
Brooklyn
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Riddick » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:10 pm

What about actors??? I PM'd early on about that and haven't heard anything. Will interested parties know something soon so I can plan on attending. thanks
Riddick

Postby Seagreen » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:17 pm

I sent you one, it must not have went through Rick. Yes, we'd love to have you out acting.
Seagreen

Postby Fred » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:37 pm

Is a there an opening for a photographer?
Fred

Team: {FAG}

PreviousNext

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games