FPS Limits.

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Nocte » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:31 pm

Go Falcons.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:34 pm

You're giving people too much power if you simply give in and let them ruin your experience just because they don't call hits. Those people are always dealt with, people find out what they're doing and eventually they become outcasts in the community.

When I think I hit somebody but I didn't, 99% of the time I did NOT hit them. There's a million factors that can keep a BB from hitting your target, or even still there's a possibility that you hit somebody who didn't feel it or hear it. In that case, OH WELL, you get closer and you take another shot. I'm a fat bastard, but I can still rack up kills. How is that possible if 75% of players don't call hits?
Matt

Team: APST

Postby terror management » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:37 pm

whatever i am out of it. but one final question that should be addressed, how many have been injured by aegs in comparision to the fields themselves.
Last edited by terror management on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Knuckles » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Dantes wrote: I'm a fat bastard, but I can still rack up kills. How is that possible if 75% of players don't call hits?

As am I, and if I don't hear 'em call out, it just gives me an excuse to hammer on 'em a little harder. Light 'em up. It's the american way.
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby Braddock » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Those welts werent from BBs, it was an ant hill.

:)
Braddock

Postby terror management » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:46 pm

Knuckles wrote:
Dantes wrote: I'm a fat bastard, but I can still rack up kills. How is that possible if 75% of players don't call hits?
my bad for using exaggeration to prove my point( this is something you did today as well dantes but i didn't jump on you for it )
As am I, and if I don't hear 'em call out, it just gives me an excuse to hammer on 'em a little harder. Light 'em up. It's the american way.
then they whine about getting railed and you get labeled an asshat, i remember a time when braddock yelled at one of my players for shooting him too many times, yet he had not made an audible hit call or have a deathrag on. you see what i mean? and for the record braddock in my opinion is one of the most honorable players on the field.
Airsofter by nature
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Niall » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:47 pm

terror management wrote:whatever i am out of it. but one final question that should be addressed, how many have been injured by aegs in comparision to the fields themselves.

For me:
Fields: 1
AEG's: 5

I still have a lump on my trigger finger from Op:CR
Vash Koshmar - I aim to please... Maim or kill, depends on my mood.
Niall

Postby Knuckles » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:49 pm

...There's always headshots...
Knuckles

Postby NightArk » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:00 pm

I say if they don't call their hits then hammer them :badgrin: headshots, full-auto whatever, but man theres no point in this, just a no0bs opinion
[Center]Image[/Center]
NightArk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby terror management » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:15 pm

fields 12
aegs 1

these are my numbers for MY team.

and dantes its not just the non hit calling asshats that i have problems with.

AGAIN FOR THE RECORD I COULD DO NO BETTER ON MY OWN! I JUST BELIEVE THAT THE A.P. COMMUNITY HAS GOTTEN TO BIG FOR A.P.S.T. TO DEAL WITH EFFECTIVLY. I HAVE MOVED ON TO A DIFFERENT GROUP WHERE THE CONSISTENT PROBLEMS I FACE HERE AREN'T AN ISSUE. MAYBE WHEN WE GET TOO BIG WE WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS TO ADDRESS.... IF I CAN HELP (AND YOU STILL WISH TO SPEAK TO ME AFTER THIS DAY) I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO SPEND MY TIME DEALING WITH DISPUTES ON THE FIELD (AS A REF, NOT A PLAYER OR A REP. OF MY TEAM) IN AN EFFORT TO BETTER THE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL. BECAUSE ULTIMATLY IT IS MY GOAL TO ADVANCE AIRSOFT FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF HONORABLE PLAYERS
Airsofter by nature
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Knuckles » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:17 pm

I still love ya Steve.
Knuckles

Postby Catch22 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:18 pm

Fields: One sprained ankle (jumping into a trench)
AEG's: Lost count of how many bandaids I've had to put on my face.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby terror management » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Niall wrote:
terror management wrote:whatever i am out of it. but one final question that should be addressed, how many have been injured by aegs in comparision to the fields themselves.

For me:
Fields: 1
AEG's: 5

I still have a lump on my trigger finger from Op:CR
I still have a broken knuckle from cyp. that did not come from an aeg. and a detached tendon in my thigh from grid 18. but injuries in my opinion are part of the deal. this is not a sport for the weak.. and thanks for the support knuckles, the only thing saving me from being ostrisized(sp?) is the support from people like you that have fought besides me and know i am just trying to state an opinion that differs from the good ole boys high school click.
Last edited by terror management on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airsofter by nature
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Seagreen » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:21 pm

I can recall only a couple field injuries that were "injury level"

AEG's....many.

APST doesnt "run" this community. The people who participate here collectively run this community. Last time I checked Tommyboy, Niall, Pearson, and Troy were not APST players, but they certainly have had a great deal of impact on this community with their contributions to it. Thus marginalizing the whole concept of "us" APST folks running shit like an organized crime syndicate.

What I think is confused here is not that we run the community, but we have members that have helped to set the tempo (with rulesets, OP's, and a venue) for todays gaming. Whether or not people choose to subscribe to this communities' gaming ruleset will be the final determining factor. Fortunately, we have only grown, but maintained a personal level between most of the leaders on the community. That is our strength and our guarantee of success for the future.

I will not subscribe to the higher FPS limits simply because I know what can and will happen. Injuries will become higher frequency. People getting "bent" by an AEG on the field happens, but "broken" or "zapped" isnt an option.

If shooting high FPS is the goal, this isnt the website to promote it. Ill shoot it down personally. Im not interested in people getting hurt playing a game we go out to enjoy. If painball is the idea, grab a paintball marker and freeze the paint or get marbles. That'll give you the rush you're looking for Im sure and a concussion to add to the realism.
Last edited by Seagreen on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby terror management » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:25 pm

Seagreen wrote:I can recall only a couple field injuries that were "injury level"

AEG's....many.
do you call a bump on your face from an aeg an injury? i understand there have been tooth problems(3) that i have heard of this last year, but an injury from an aeg? what exactly?
Airsofter by nature
terror management
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality