Manicotti 2: Temple of the Moon Escapade (PREPAY Ended)

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Manicotti 2: Temple of the Moon Escapade (PREPAY Ended)

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Its 1967 and your friend Professor Crispin Manicotti has asked you come to San Theodoros, to do a favour for him. He's been injured and can't finish this quest. San Theodoros . . . . . another corrupt, dirty little third world banana republic thats in the middle of an endless civil war.

Players Handbook http://www.airsoftreview.net/docs/Manic ... ndbook.pdf
Prospective attendees are warned - this is not a conventional airsoft event. This event has more in common with one of the Close Quarter Battle Competition events, or a Live Action Role Playing Game, than a conventional airsoft event. You will not be wearing military uniforms, carrying M4's, and spraying down thousands of rounds out of your hicaps. Think of it as a Video Game in real life. The best of the B-movies. Indiana Jones style rugged adventure.

What:
Manicotti II: The Temple of the Moon Escapade

When:
Starts at 10am, Saturday, 26 June 2010

Where:
I am going to assume that everyone knows where Estacada Oregon is (if you are not so sure, find Mapquest, it is your friend). Pass through Estacada going east, and continue to head east on Clackamas Highway (sorry, I dont know the highway number, its either 214, or 224 or something). As you approach the top of the hill, you will see Fall Creek Road. Turn left onto Fall Creek Road, it takes a couple twists, then becomes Divers Road. Almost as soon as you're on Divers Road, you come to a stop, at Squaw Mountain Road. Turn Right onto Squaw Mountain Road, and follow it for about 10 miles until you come on an unnamed road that has a Big a$$ sign that says "M", turn left and you'll see people, cars, and fun.

There will not be an address to this field. Follow the directions when they're posted and you'll find it. If you need an address, my rabbit tells me that "123 Shady Tree Lane, Squaw Mountain Hutch" works when he sends rabbit-mail letters to his cousins. If that address doesn't work on mapquest or your GPS, just follow the directions posted.

Event Cost:
$35 prepay send prepay to kazin14@yahoo.com We Ask that you Identify yourself in the paypal comments when you send us your payment
$60 day of (or, groups of 6 can prepay for $180).
Prepayment will extend until 21 June. The sooner you prepay, the better the sets and props will be, as we'll have more time to work on them, and be in less of a time crunch. Preregistration is nonrefundable - sorry - as soon as money comes in, it'll be going out for event supplies.

Age Limit:
15+ (13+ with parent on site)

Group Size:
3-6 players

FPS Limits:
Pistols - 330 FPS , tested with a .20g bb

Equipment Restrictions:
Players are allowed to bring Pistols. Players are NOT allowed to bring rifles, shotguns or submachine guns. Those will be provided by the event. Pistols are restricted to magazines that do not protrude beyond the grip. While a period pistol is recommended and preferred, you can use any pistol that conforms to the FPS, and magazine limit. Yes, you can use a Glock 18, with a magazine that does not protrude beyond the grip. No you can not use a M11 with a long magazine, if you can find a magazine that does not protrude beyond the grip, then feel free to use it.

Players are not allowed to wear camouflage/military uniforms or military/tactical gear OTHER THAN a pistol belt and canteen/holster. For this event, you are not a member of some elite commando unit. You are not a private military contractor, or anything similar. For this event, you are a regular guy, with your friends, traveling to a foreign country to help out another friend.

Many of the props have been hand-made, please treat the with respect. All of the event-provided weapons have been borrowed from members of the community, please treat them with respect. If you are seek abusing them, game staff will remove them from you.

Raffle prizes:
We're sure hoping to say "Yes", but until we have them in hand . . . .

Costume Contest:
In Collaboration with AirsoftPacific.com, we're doing a "Rugged Adventure" costume contest. This contest is open to readers of AirsoftPacific.com, while you will be able to vote for your favorite costume, our panel of judges has the final say. Matt will have more details about this coming soon.

Food:
Food will be provided as part of the event. Please be kind and dont hog the food.

Event staff:
Hosted by: Alex Kaeda and AirsoftReview.net
Photography: coming soon
Field Admin: Alex kaeda, AirsoftReview staff, Actors

Waivers:
Be prepared to fill out a AirsoftReview Waiver- There is always confusion about "having a waiver on file". We require a NEW waiver at every event. So this means that nobody "has a waiver on file" and everyone must fill out a new one. Sorry NO exceptions.

A copy of the waiver is included in the players handbook.

Drugs and Alcohol:
No Illegal Drugs. Players are prohibited from consuming alcohol.

Registration time:
On-site Registration will open at 9am

Game info: Saturday, 26 June 2010
Basic timeline:
0900 - Registration / Chrono begins
1000 - Game begins
1600 - Game Ends, clean up and go home

Game Weather:
It'll happen, rain or shine. As I'm posting this months before it happens, it's kind of difficult to predict the weather.

Sponsors: (Clickable banners)

Roster:
Android (Paid)
Scythe (paid)
Ranger Poe (Paid)
Ben Roberts (paid)
Junto (Paid)
Zach Keirsey (Paid)
Tamsin Lindsey (Paid)
Matt Stickle (Paid)
Jim Pharris (Paid)
Nico Bressler (Paid)

News Updates:
News Update:03/06/2010
http://www.airsoftreview.net/docs/Manic ... ndbook.pdf
Players manual available now!

http://www.box.net/shared/p9r11lndoi - print out a passport! you'll need one in case the Los Plantanos police says "Papers Please!"

APRIL 7 2010 UPDATE:
Prepay with Paypal added
send prepay to kazin14@yahoo.com We Ask that you Identify yourself in the paypal comments when you send us your payment
Last edited by Manicotti Airsoft on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby oda315 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm

I would like to come to this event.
Sir Harry Flashman would not have called his hits.
oda315
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Android » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Now the big question: fedora or cowboy hat? This is the perfect excuse to get me a gas revolver. :D
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby Juicemachine » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:05 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm in. Working on Juicy.
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby LiquidSnak » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:12 pm

In like flinn +DRAT
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Eudorus » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:51 am

Sign me up +5
Ludere Causa Ludendi
Winner MSW Patrolling challenge, May 2013
Eudorus
Ranger
Ranger

Team: The 144

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:15 pm

"Not that kind of Doctor"
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:52 am

Going to be a blast. Can't wait!
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm

It's coming...

Damn the Miskatonic! We shall surpass them in the field or archaeology and prove our right as masters of this planet. Dr. Manicotti, your friends are coming for you.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Tyrant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:24 pm

From the desk of Dr. Dorian Westfold

The Miskatonic University has not given up on its quest for science! You uncivilized wretches could not begin to fathom what we are working with. We shall have you rescued, good sir, before you can say biddle-scrump biscuits in the bell tower.

Dr. Dorian Westfold
Professor of Archaeology
Miskatonic University.
"Never Run With Scissors" Col. Jack O'Neill US Air Force......Two Ls
Tyrant

Team: DRAT

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:27 pm

First Post Updated with Player Handbook and downloadable passport
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Damn you manacotti,

you still havent paid us from the last time we bailed you out in boldavia, and now me and my crew gotta come half way across the world to come save you again? this time its gonna cost you double, and the boss lady wont take IOU's or and hand full of magic beans ( i am still tripping from those by the way!) or any of your other known tricks you have pulled to get outta paying us. we want our money manacotti.

signed, the savage
the Vagrants
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Darius137 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Android wrote:Now the big question: fedora or cowboy hat? This is the perfect excuse to get me a gas revolver. :D

I say you go with the cowboy look, but don't go overboard. Don't become the Japanese cowboy. Go for the rugged, sexy, Brokeback Mountain look.

Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games