BSP: Scout/Sniper Competition 1 Sept 16.. [PRIZE UPDATE!!!]

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

BSP: Scout/Sniper Competition 1 Sept 16.. [PRIZE UPDATE!!!]

Postby Seagreen » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:53 pm

SCOUT-SNIPER COMPETITION
Presented by Black Sierra Productions
Date: September 16, 2007
Cost: $20 prepay/$30 day of
Prepay cut off: Sept. 7th. 2007

Intent: To foster better gameplay through competition.

-Velocity Limits: 550fps w/.2s. *This applies to semi-auto replicas too

-Single Operator Class and Tandem Class (Depending on interest)

-Three Seperate Stalks

-Timed operational window per round

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Terms:

Observer: A contracted individual chosen to watch their area of responsibility for competitor mistakes. The Observer's will use unaided vision to spot competitors on their stalks.

Walker: A neutral party that works as an extension of the Observer's eyes. The Walker will not aid the Observer in any way, but simply move to a location as instructed by the Observer.

Mark: When an Observer spots a competitor, he will direct the Walker to the location. If the Observer can direct the Walker to touch the competitor, on any part of his body, the Competitor has been "marked" and will be required to move back to the starting point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Required Gear:
-FRS/GMRS Radio
-Suitable Replica for the challenge

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:
-There will be three rounds in the competition. Each will encompass the useage of fieldcraft and marksmanship.

-One Observer and One Walker per "stalk".

-Competitors will begin at a default location for each "stalk".

-If a competitor is spotted by the Observer and marked by a Walker, the competitor is sent back to the starting location.

-When a player reaches an OP and elect to move into the marksmanship aspect of the event, they will call in on the Observers channel. The Observer will give the order "weapons free" (or "stand-by" if there is another competitor firing). The competitor will then fire his first shot. The Observer will continue to scan the area. The competitor will radio for the second shot. At the completion of the second shot, the game Admin will score both shots. At this point, the competitor is free begin moving toward the next objective.

Scoring:

Time is the determining measure. Your actual time, and the adjust time for your shooting skills:

After the second shot is fired both shots will be scored. The concentric rings on the targets provided will be zones. A center mass "bullseye" will be score a "0 min", while each successive ring will be scored 2 minutes, 3 min, 4 min, and so on. The only "0 min" penalty will be a neck or head shot. These are considered guaranteed target reducers.

If the observer mark's a shooter on the first shot it is a 15 minute penalty
If the observer mark's the shooter on the second shot it is a 10 minute penalty

example:
First shot: bullseye (0 min)
Second shot: 3 ring (3 min) (Shooter gets marked: 10min)
Time: 64 min for stalk
Adjusted time: 77 min for completed stalk

Sponsors:

AGM L96-A1

WE Caspian 1911 (all metal)

Riddick is providing:

-Drag Bag
-Pouches!

A special thanks to all the sponsors for the event!
Last edited by Seagreen on Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby omega1 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:54 pm

Will there be any sort of fieldcraft class to get some experience before the competition? I know that I really have only run as a spotter once, without a ghillie, and that was during the sniper hunt. It was fun, and I learned a bit, but I would like to get some advice from more experienced bushes like yourself.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Riddick » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:19 pm

I believe they are working on some sort of training class
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby Hoff » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:35 pm

I'd be up for the class, just to get an idea about what it's all about.
Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby KA-BAR » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:33 am

ready for class.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Reese » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:52 am

A class is in the works gentlemen, but it won't be until after the competition.

Do the competition, wet your appetites, and then get your learn on!

:D
"Your reputation is the only true currency you have in this community... spend it wisely."
Reese
Specops
Specops

Postby Hoff » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:27 am

I lack any sniping skillz/weaponry. So I'll pass on the competition. (You are a puss, love: Seagreen)

Learning is always good, unless I'm required to have some sort of sniping replica. Then I'll have to pass on that too.
Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby Seagreen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:02 am

This competition will emcompass your shooting/fieldcraft skills (movement, camoflauge technique, and OP choice) as well as your ability to put rounds down range and on target.

-Depending on interest, this will be a single day event with 3 stalks on the day. Two hours per stalk seems reasonable at this time.
We will adjust accordingly if time is an issue.
You as a shooter will be busy all day.

-Single Operator event. (Tandem if there is enough interest) Only you can blame yourself for getting spotted of failing. This gives everyone an equal opportunity to take out the bad guy and show off!

-There will be no human targets: You will be shooting paper silhouettes, and scored from your two shots down range. So, that would mean, make them count.

-There will be one observer with unaided vision and at least one range officer (walker) in the field. If you are seen by the observer, you will stand and restart that cycle. You will have lost nothing but time.

-There will be a specific protocol to be followed prior to taking your shots. You will call in prior to your first shot. You will then be given the go ahead. The shot will be scored and you will then be given your clearance for the second shot. If you are discovered on either shot, you will be penalized points for being spotted, but you be allowed to complete your rounds.

-This is an open competition. A 400fps replica has just as good a shot to win as the upgraded bolts.

-Ghillie suits and personal camoflauge are optional. If you can do it with and orange vest on, by all means go ahead.

Also: If an observer gets shot......you are DQ'd and I fully authorize the Observers to kill you.

The ruleset is VERY clear about when you are allowed to fire. It will be very regimented. This is about skill, not about just hitting the paper. The better the shot...the better the score at the end of the day.

The field location is advantageous for low angle shooting. It has natural lanes that will work in the favor of the competitiors. Players will start out of Observer view at the beginning of each cycle.

There will be multiple competitors moving on an objectiive at the same time. For the distance we are looking at to travel....a couple hours should suffice per stalk. We will have 3 shoots on the day.

This is the first run for the event. Im going to heir to the more conservative side. More control. More time.

Simple but clear grading criteria ect.

We have lined up all the perameters for the class too, but it is a block situation: STA1, STA2, STA3, STA4. This design is based on the Instructors cirriculum for the course.

In the meantime, Im considering helping out those interested in participating in the SCC as a prep, to get their gear ready and help with a few pointers that I have learned in past courses. Informal and amatuer. I'm not qualified to teach the actual course.

Participating in a competition versus participating in the course is a apples and green apples affair. One is competitive mil-sim, the other is instructional mil-sim.

This event was designed for the people that participate in the stealth side of milsim airsoft. You have talked the talk, now you can really show what you are capable of!

This event will have prizes for those who place in the tourney.
Seagreen

Postby Mack » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:11 pm

I'm there!! Ready to compete and learn from some enevitable mistakes.

When will directions and start time be announced?

WAR does not determine who is right, only who is left.
Mack
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Amos » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:15 pm

if Evike didnt screw me out of my M700 parts, i'd be there in a heartbeat, maybe by then i'll have the replica functional.
"We are going to find their pole. Then we are going to smoke it. We are going to smoke their pole." -Summers
Amos
Specops
Specops

Team: APST

Postby omega1 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:03 pm

I believe that I will be in on this event, as I should have my ghillie completed by then, and will have had enough time to test and fine tune it to my likings
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby Crusader 6 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:12 pm

So, do you recommend participating in this before committing to a class? Just to see if it's the type of thing for you? Would an M4 suffice? I really don't have the funds to come up with a bolt rifle, ghillie suit, and upgrades. I could probably get a suppressor for my M4 and make it more accurate, but I have no money for bolt guns. I could get a ghillie suit easily enough though. So, I really don't have to be a sniper, but a scout would work?
Crusader 6
Specops
Specops

Postby Seagreen » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:43 pm

Yes, I would suggest it. It is going to be a lot of fun and will let you know where you are at in the sneaky-snake part of the game.

I'd assume there will be a mix of bolts and aeg's out there. Don't let not having a suit put you off, some of the best sneaks I have seen have been woodland camo wearers!
Seagreen

Postby Crusader 6 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:47 pm

What is the local foliage like? Are we talking tall brown grass or green plants?

I think I will just get a barrel extension and a madbull precision barrel if I participate. Sounds interesting.
Crusader 6
Specops
Specops

Postby Reese » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Delta 5-1 wrote:What is the local foliage like? Are we talking tall brown grass or green plants?

I think I will just get a barrel extension and a madbull precision barrel if I participate. Sounds interesting.

You could also look for a bolt to partner up with.
"Your reputation is the only true currency you have in this community... spend it wisely."
Reese
Specops
Specops

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games