Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 - WWII

Post announcements about your team here, recruiting, brag about your website, or ask about how to join teams.

Fallschirmjager Regiment 6 - WWII

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:16 pm

I would like to introduce our group: the 6th Fallschirmjager Regiment. We are a WA and OR based Living History and Tactical unit that does both Blank Fire reenactments and WWII airsoft events. We do 6-8 events a year and usually one very large event in central CA with our sister units down there. We also have traveled to the east coast for events, and done living history displays and historical tours in Germany, France, Belgium and Holland.

We fight hard in the field and use correct WWII German tactics and German commands. In camp or the barracks we live fully authentically in 1944. We strive for a full time travel experience not just a fun gunfight (though we surely have some very fun firefights!) In fact the battles are only more fun when you work as a real unit with good tactics and proper leadership (most of our leaders are former or current military NCO’s with significant experience, though not a requirement as anyone who shows quality leadership ability and historical knowledge can be promoted through the ranks)

We study history from the INSIDE by doing it and living it as closely as possible. It makes all your books, movies, video games, etc come to life when you find out how all of your equipment and tactics really work. Struggling through the snow and trying to get in position without compromise is a lot harder in real life!

We have a lot of loaner gear including firearms for new people. The basic impression cost is pretty reasonable nowadays, and we give you a year to get all of it. As long as you have half of it and are trying to fill it out and move forward with your impression, we are willing to help you and loan your our extra gear.

We field real MP40s, Beretta 38a’s, MG34s and MG42s, MP44s, and of course the backbone the K98. Our unit even fields 4 K98s with grenade launchers that shoot rifle grenades over 100 meters! We also have firing Panzerfausts and Panzerschrecks. Through our friends we have been able to fire real anti-tank guns and flak guns, fire a real German mortar that launchers tennis balls over 1000 meters, driven armored cars and half tracks, and ridden on tanks!

For airsoft guns we have mostly all the same weapons. At the last two WWII airsoft events we have gone to we also integrated blank fire alongside airsoft guns which was pretty fun, so there was noise AND you could get shot. (we have done Battlesims Jump to Destiny and Battle of the Bulge events this last year)

We do blank fire with the PNWHG and the NWHA in Oregon and the RPS and CHG in CA. We have a Facebook page, MySpace page and a Yahoo Group and are putting up a website,

If you are interested in WWII, Fallschirmjagers or for that matter any WWII unit contact us and we will help you get started.

This is our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1877589854

And this is our unit yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fallschirm-Pionere/

_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Mars » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 pm

There is much los! to be had with us. If you've wanted to get into reenacting, a more generous and friendly group of comrades you will not find
"Your bones will build my palaces, your eyes will stud my crown. For I am the god of war Mars, and I will cut you down."
Mars
Soldier
Soldier

Team: RR

Postby Charlie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:35 pm

If I had the money...
BLACK AFO/RO
Charlie 1-1/BLACK 1-3
Charlie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:43 pm

how much money do you think you need?

in the historical section I laid out how much stuff costs and it is probably a lot less than you think to get started.

everyone starts on a budget
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Solid » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:52 pm

Damn, id get smoked by you guys im sure... Awesome group though, keep at it
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Charlie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:54 pm

I would like to be able to do this, but a guy recently was shot and killed by the police because he went around in a German Werchmacht uniform and was firing a blank rounds out of a Kar 98k and the kid wouldn't put the dang thing down.
BLACK AFO/RO
Charlie 1-1/BLACK 1-3
Charlie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby =DREAD= CapMan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Holy crap, thats amazing. I would love to join a group like this, if only I spoke German and didn't bunny hop...
=DREAD= CapMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Charlie wrote:I would like to be able to do this, but a guy recently was shot and killed by the police because he went around in a German Werchmacht uniform and was firing a blank rounds out of a Kar 98k and the kid wouldn't put the dang thing down.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

he had a german jacket on and upsidedown up, but the german jacket was not the shazaam up.
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:09 pm

solidslayerr wrote:Damn, id get smoked by you guys im sure... Awesome group though, keep at it

we smoke ourselves! not in shape? we can get you there!
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm

=DREAD= CapMan wrote:Holy crap, thats amazing. I would love to join a group like this, if only I spoke German and didn't bunny hop...

we'll teach you the german required (about 20 words will get you started)

the bunny hopping may be a problem
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Haloeclipse » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Those pics give me major wood. Id love to be able to check out your booth or see you guys reenact sometime. Makes me even more excited to actually get a ww2 kit going.
Never ever insult Halo he is a god among men ~achillesnick~
Haloeclipse

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Haloeclipse wrote:Those pics give me major wood. Id love to be able to check out your booth or see you guys reenact sometime. Makes me even more excited to actually get a ww2 kit going.

most everything we do is closed events, so we would be happy to meet you pre-event, but the only way to see us in the field is with us. so if you are really interested just come out to an event.

If you are interested in something besides FJ we can get you the right contacts to get started with them.
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby =DREAD= CapMan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:33 pm

_RAGNAR_ wrote:
=DREAD= CapMan wrote:Holy crap, thats amazing. I would love to join a group like this, if only I spoke German and didn't bunny hop...

Hmmm tell me more please, this sounds like a sweet group you have going on.
=DREAD= CapMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby _RAGNAR_ » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:38 pm

=DREAD= CapMan wrote:
_RAGNAR_ wrote:

Hmmm tell me more please, this sounds like a sweet group you have going on.

we are mostly WA guys from around seattle and tacoma, but we have people all over OR, ID and BC.

go to the Re-enactment/Historic Airsoft section of the forums and read the fallschirmjager thread and the end of the other WWII thread. also come to our facebook page.
_RAGNAR_
Grunt
Grunt

Postby danneskjold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:46 pm

I am a member, and I can say it is a lot of fun in many different ways. The battles are of course a lot of fun (has its upsides and downsides like airsoft), but unlike most airsoft games the experience doesn't end there.

I dont want to say its better, or worse than airsoft. It's different, I like being able to shoot real guns...
danneskjold
Specops
Specops

Next

Return to Team Talk