Scappoose field

Discuss anything and everything here that's Airsoft related.

Scappoose field

Postby tommyboy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:56 pm

I would like to remind everyone, and for those who do not know; inform them about the rules for use of the scappoose field.
anyone wishing to use this field needs to get intouch with me (via PM is the best way) for permission to use the field. I must clear the use of the field with my contact at the company that owns the property.
I do not know who has been using the feild lately, but the my contact with the company that owns the property has gotten intouch with me with a list of ocmplaints.
the primary compaint is that people have been driving way to fast on the road that leads upto the field. Remember people live out there, so be curtious to those living out there, and drive the speed limit of 25mph.
also, you must remember to clean up your trash and not to leave any trash lying around.
the company who owns the property has a "field manager' who watches and reports any problems.
as for those who use the field, generally those given permission to use the field for games, have hosted games out there before and know the rules and can be trusted to see to it all the rules obeyed and enforced. If you wish to run and 'open event' please contact me for permission, the only rule I have for those who I havent observed running events is that I be present atleast the first time.
Thank you to everyone, and if you wish to use please just get intouch with me and we can work out the details.
tommy
tommyboy
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby McNair » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Understandable.

I've made attempts to contact you in the past to use the field with no response. I eventually gave up.
McNair

Postby Junto » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:34 pm

mcnair wrote:Understandable.

I've made attempts to contact you in the past to use the field with no response. I eventually gave up.
This is the story I always hear.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Matt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Is there any way you could allow somebody else in this community also be a point of contact for the field?
Matt

Team: APST

Postby terror management » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Tommy, T1T would like to host a free skirm at Scap sometime in late March or early April, what do you think? I can pm you too if that helps.
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Nocte » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Matt wrote:Is there any way you could allow somebody else in this community also be a point of contact for the field?

I already asked him for the contact info, and he's keeping it to himself.
ImageImage
Nocte

Postby wake.joe » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Edit: Why bother.

Tommyboy is just protecting his own interests. (Cool points?).

Get the land owner, tell 'em what's up.
Last edited by wake.joe on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wake.joe
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Riddick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm

ask the residents on the nascar road to the field who the owner or site manager is
Riddick

Postby Matt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:11 pm

It can't be that hard to find them. Other groups who have no association with Airsoft Pacific or Tommyboy use the land all the time.
Matt

Postby McNair » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 pm

I know members of PLA have made contact with the company that owns the land.
McNair

Postby DMitri » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 pm

http://longviewtimber.com/

Pretty sure these guys own the land. I was going to call them when I got back and find out, along with any guidelines they wanted this community to know and adhere to. I'm rather tired of Tommy's sense of entitlement over the field because he read a sign and called a number.

If it's not theirs, I'm sure there is some company info at the gate, I seem to remember a rather large sign.
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Chachi » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:14 am

If you have an address, the county assessment website is a good way to track down a property owner name and basic info. Or, you can search via a map as well. I use these all the time in my business (insurance):
http://206.163.71.178/colwebmap/
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nocte » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48 am

This is an excerpt from the PM I got from tommyboy regarding passing along the info to someone else more active in the community (well, I was talking about myself in the PM) to have the contact info.

tommyboy wrote:I will tell you the same thing that I was told when scappoose was passed onto me to look after and be the "liaison" so to speak from the Jesse (he was the previous go to guy for scappoose since we was the one who lined the field up for our use to begin with.) When he left for the Army and scappoose was passed on to me to look after I was told not pass the contact info on to anyone. They dont want to be bombarded with emails/calls about the field for airsoft. As I was told, its best to keep it one on one so there is not "miss-communications", one person getting info about one thing, and it not being passed on, or it being improperly passed onto another person and so forth. when the new company took over after buying longview fibre out, they decided to honor the agreement we had for use of the field, as long as their rules are followed.

It'd be nice to have to contact info, but I don't want to annoy the folks in charge of the field to the point where they say "shazaam it, don't come back," either. I'm fine with giving tommyboy a call when I plan to host skirmishes there, it's really not the end of the world.

Please, don't everyone get all cowboy with the situation and get the whole thing turned on its head until we really find out what the arrangement is. Scappoose is arguably the best field AP has, and it's been around longer than just about everything that's most commonly used. It'd be a shame to lose it.

If you think I'm over-reacting, you might be right. Consider that if I'm wrong, we lose nothing. If you're wrong, well... bad stuff, dude.
ImageImage
Nocte

Postby shogun » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 am

im gonna go with nic here, the field doesn't charge, and tommy doesn't make a dime off you or anyone using the field, it seems to me he is protecting the best interests of the landowners, himself and us.

The landowners dont want the place to get trashed, or for our use to become an issue for themselves and the people around the field, Tommy likes having the field to use and so do we.

you can use the field, just contact tommy and giterdun!
shogun
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Riddick » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:45 am

so why doesn't tommy pass the torch just as it was passed onto him to the likes of Nocte?

If an active status and responses to inqueries are the issues.
Riddick

Next

Return to Community General Discussion