Ghilleman 2011 Stalk & Shoot.

This forum is for all games and events within the Pacific Northwest. All organizations/promotors are allowed to post events here, calendar posts are also allowed here.

Ghilleman 2011 Stalk & Shoot.

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Ghillieman 2011 STALK & SHOOT

Event Date: Sunday March 27th
Where: Scappoose Field
Time: 11:00-4:00(or index)
Cost: FREE
on-site Chrono

Event Requirements.
Shooters are required to have the followng kit list. this is a recommended kit list and should be considered the bare minimum.

Safety
:
Eye Protection ( full seal mesh or anzi rated )
Mouth guard

radio for callins

Platforms:
BOLT ACTION ONLY. must meet AP safety standards. .20g @550 FPS.
Ammo for zeroing and participating in the bolt action build off ( unlimited), and then 10 shots for the game.

Uniform
: Ghillie.

you must have some form of 3-D camouflage to participate in this event. This can be a Ghillie upper and a Viel, or maybe a full suit... maybe you have some awesome woodscraft skills you would like to show off and build a yeti suit. This event is all about being unseen at all costs. Fieldcraft is the main tool of this event. its not just having a wookie suit, its knowing how to use it and move in it.

Event Scheduel
:

9:30-11:00 - Shooters arrive, park, and make ready their gear. Weapons check, those that are participating in the KA-BAR's Bolt Action Build Off will submit their written reports, and get on the line for the preformance part of the build off.

12:00-4:00( index) game play begins.

Event Details:

The Ghillieman 2011 Stalk & Shoot is a unique Bolt action shooters course only. In this event the shooters will navigate a course, using land nav skills to 4 different lane locations according to the cardinal directions or north, south, east and west. Within these lanes there will be a Reactive Target, that will let out a audible report when struck. each Target has a Dedicated Admin that has made that target his charge or VIP. Shooters will start the entire day with only 10 shots. that is correct you read right ten i repeat T.E.N shots only. Shooters will attempt to infilltrate all 4 lanes and get off 2 shots, then exfil unseen to thier next location. Shooters are NOT TO ENGAGE any other shooters on the field or shoot any admins on the field. their only shots are to go on the reactive targets. Once a shooter has a target in sight he must use his radio to do a call in. he will give his SITREP and ask for futher permission to shoot. once he has his lane clear to fire, then he will take a shot. after the first shot is taken the shooter will wait a full 30 seconds before taking the followup shot. the follow up shot is only allowed to be taken if the shooters first shot goes undetected for a full 30 seconds. once both shots have been taken and recorded, the shooter will exfil and move on to the next station/lane of fire.

Admin requirements:

Ghilllie suit
Suppressed Pistol with alot of mag support.
rubber training knife

Admin detail:
you have now taken charge of the target as your VIP. it is your job to prevent the target from being shot by the shooters. to do this you are armed with a ghillie suit and a pistol and may "HUNT" the shooters in your lane. you must stay within a 70 yard radius of your charge. this is your Area of operation. here you may stalk the stalkers. when you have a shooter in your sights you may "punch their card" by shooting them. if you can get a very up close and personal stalk on someone and knife kill them then you get a additional round from them.

Hit Protocol:
when a shooter is shot by a admin/hunter, they immediately call the hit, stand up and reveal themselves. then they move off towards the main logistics area, where a admin will take one of the ten shots from the shooters magazine total.

getting shot by admin / hunter = loss of one round from magazine total.
getting knife killed by admin / hunter = loss of 2 rounds from magazine total

Radio Protocol:
each admin that is guarding a station must respond to the shooters radio call. once the shooter has identifed himself, you will give permission to fire. shooter takes the shot, you now have 30 seconds to locate the shooters position. if they get the second shot off, you must disengauge and not shoot the target or harrass any further.

Objective:
the Shooter that wins is the one who gets 8 undetected shots off on 4 targets in 4 locations in a 4 hour period of time. if shooters loose the ability to get that many shots off based off hits, then it will be the shooter who got the most shots on target undetected in the best amount of time.

WHAT YOU WIN!

i will be making the winners some custom digital flair, for them to portray in or on thier sig bar area, so that every time you post, everyone will know, who built the most accurized bolt action rifle in this community of airsofters.

1st place wins a Custom complete sig bar with accolades
2nd place wins a custom made Sig bar merit tab
3rd place wins a custom made sig bar merit tab

badges for the build off and the stalk & shoot will be given out seperately.

Bolt Action Build Off info link:
http://www.airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=34480

Shooters:
1. Phiz
2. Merchant
3. regulator
4. Ranger Poe
5. Eddielow
6. CBeran
7. Maxximo
8. SuperM
9. Soulless

Admins:

Logistics/ Head Admin: KA-BAR

Target #1. Vaughn
Target #2. Seagreen
Target #3. Junto
Target #4. RBeran

SHOOTERS KIT LIST
ghilllie
radio
rifle
1 magazine

ADMIN KIT LIST
ghilllie
radio
pistol + suppressor if you got it.
all the mags you think you will need for the day.

get ready for Ghillieman 2011
Last edited by KA-BAR on Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:26 am, edited 25 times in total.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Team: N/A

Postby Juicemachine » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Wait, so the shooters can't shoot the admins? If that's the case, why wouldn't the admins just knifekill them all the time?
2009's Most Improved Player
Author of the best post of 2010
Juicemachine

Team: {FAG}

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 pm

okay juice, ill bite.

say i was a shooter and i was in lane 4, and i was working it, maybe there is one or two other shooters using the same lane as me. ill use them as a distraction, hopefully one of them will get spotted, and if the admin is busy with them, knife killing and raping, ill do my call in and force him to respond and take my shots, knowing full well where he is in relation to the target and my position.

that is why its called a stalk and shoot. admins cant be everywhere at once. it would behoove them to stay as discreete as possible and protect their VIP.

since you are 15, you are to young to participate, so it really won't matter now will it?
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Darius137 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:13 am

So 4 hours to eliminate 4 targets?

What are the distances for each stalk?
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby BoogeyMan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:24 am

Hey KA-BAR - count me in for Admin. My pistol isn't suppressed, but I don't plan on using it :)
BoogeyMan

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Geschutz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 am

Sadness... I will not be able to participate. Too close to my wife's due date.

Good luck to all shooters.
Last edited by Geschutz on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby KA-BAR » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:41 am

@ Dan. the distance of each lane will vary. target area will be out of sight and atleast 200 yards from the main logistics/respawn area.

each lane will corospond to one of the cardnial directions on your compass.

@ Vaughn. welcome aboard. we will have some discussions via PM sir.

@ geshutz. wow congratz and sorry to hear you wont be participating, was looking forward to see you as a TOP compeditor.
KA-BAR

Postby phiz » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 am

Sounds fun, sign me up for shooter.
phiz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:28 am

thanks for showing interest phiz.

i am just trying to get the sniping community a little more tight knit.

also having a few events that can be made ours alone are few and far between. we have the BSP sniper challenge, but those do not get run very often, since other preimere events take precedence for the BSP guys. if they ever host a event for snipers i will be all over it like flies on, well you know...

so in order to keep our community withing a community fresh, growing and moving, i thought that since I am a very prominent shooter, if i hosted a few events it would get this small community of shooters to get them excited about thier platforms, how they are used, and make them better players all around.

this is a competition, but it is also a learning experience for those that have little to no experience. this is your opportunity to meet and greet other bolt turners, make new contacts, learn new tricks and tips, then implement them in the field.

this is a game of hide and go seeking with BB guns and vegetation.

hide from the admin and shoot the target, get outta dodge and do it again.

I think that the format for this game is very unique and geared soley for the bolt action shooter.

this would be something i would LOVE to run in. but i am too busy running the game, unless i cant get enuff admins. then ill have to take up a station.

if you have a bolt action and a ghillie, and want to play or admin, make it known....

you have till late march.

hope you enjoy it.
KA-BAR

Postby Switchback » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Looks great, Sir. I have always been interested in this type of game; you inspired me to set up one (less motivated, of course) on a smaller scale.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Merchant » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:19 pm

When is the build off dead line? I am interested, but I may have to work/not enough time to finish it up.

I am also interested the event as a shooter. Looks like I might be making a 2nd ghille suit...plus this is a good excuse to pour more money into my already insane investment.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:27 pm

@ merchant. you have plenty of time. i combined the build off and the stalk and shoot into one event.
KA-BAR

Postby Bulldog LV » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Damn, I wish I could make it.

Sounds like a great event.
Bulldog LV
Grunt
Grunt

Postby KA-BAR » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:48 pm

you are welcome to travel my friend!

if you get enough people in your area to participate with you, feel free to use my idea as a template for your game. it would be cool if you gave me some props or some credit in your game notes.
KA-BAR

Postby Bulldog LV » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Don't worry, if I do soemthing like this, I will give you props.

We have a couple great snipers down here and they would probably love the chance to do something like this. I would love to travel up theere, but my team and I are going to an Operation Lion Claws event around the same time.
Bulldog LV
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Pacific Northwest Events/Games