[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Velocity Limit Changes - Safety/Legality

Velocity Limit Changes

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Velocity Limit Changes

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:41 pm

Last edited by Matt on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:49 pm

Member of the AirsoftReview Mafia
Umlaut Rabbit - 28 June 2008, Unchkin Rabbit 29 May 2009
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Team: N/A
Location: Google makes me clever. Photoshop makes me beautiful.

Postby Seagreen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:53 pm

It states in the SAW/LMG spec what is and what is not a LMG. (notice it says kit or specific replica) An itemized list will be created if there is any confusion over the accepted replicas designs.

SAW owners qualify. Admins will police unsafe play and deal with it accordingly.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Billdozer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:55 pm

Well I'm not against this rule, but unless there is a fairly involved qualification (like play x number of games, attend this safety course, etc), then I don't like it.
Billdozer
Banned
Banned

Postby Matt » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:57 pm

Also note that some other organizations use a 420-450 fps limit for ALL fully automatic AEGs, and have conducted safe games for a long time with those limits. We're only raising the limit for a small percentile of AEGs, in hopes to better define the specific roles on the battlefield.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:59 pm

So, all I have to do is buy a G3/SG1, slap on a new handguard, and a new stock, and I can take it to 450fps.
http://www.hkpro.com/image/hk112.jpg
Thats an HK21.

Or how about an M14 squad automatic - it was used a SAW at one point . . . . shoot, I just might pick up an M14, and start doing a little custom work.
http://www.bubbascafe.com/military/rifles/m14/m14a1.jpg
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Postby yandle » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:59 pm

This should be pushed as hard as the sniper qualifications if not harder because of the ROF.
Treefrog361
1st Chairborne Forces Operational Detachment-1337 (1st Space Shuttle Door Gunner)
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
yandle

Postby Seagreen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:59 pm

The community/Admins will adequately police unsafe behavior 5686. If people are really in question of the person using the LMG, make it known. If it is a pretty universal problem, it can be dealt with accordingly.

Also, dont look at the 450fps as the norm, it will be the ceiling. Most will be in the 425-435 range with the type of upgrades available.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby terror management » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:03 am

this rule is to add a little more realism to the game. i know our heavy gunner is going to be delighted
Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:13 am

I spent a lot of time thinking about this. I went and re-watched a couple videos, and took a look at photos, thinking about individual players.

This is only going to encourage one thing - more people with SAW type weapons. Every booger eater who can put his hands on a AK47, or G36 is going to - because they're the easiest to convert into a SAW type weapon. I dont think it matters if we say "you cant make Ciener belt fed M16's, or Shrikes, or Colt/Diemaco H-Bar M16 SAW's", the guys who see a way to raise their fps 450 are going to grab a different platform.

How about when the Full Auto Gun Squad, and the Newborne Rangers. They come in with regular rifles, then rapidly convert into a SAW heavy unit. They're too inexperienced to have a clue about the durability of design, and they honestly dont care. They're after the almighty FPS.

Im going to use another example. At the Zombie game, I was teamed up with a couple guys to form the MI6 team. We made it into the city - and in theory we were supposed to be firing semi-automatic (short bursts to keep type two gearboxes from locking up). In practice Kendo was laying on the ground, being a zombie, and every time he would twitch, one of the guys I was with would dump his G36 on Kendo, at pretty short range. And in theory this player was an 'Experienced Player'.

I honestly believe that if that player had been carrying a MG36, he would have done the exact same thing (excessive fire, at dangerously short range). And I dont think that it matters that it was Kendo (because some out there reading this are saying "Oh, its just Kendo"). I think you could drop anyones name in to that position, and its going to happen. I like the guys I was teamed up with - dont get me wrong - but I see them as a typical example of quite a few players out there. And I think that theres entirely too many people who are dangerous.

How about another example. Yuri/SniperC4. He's come a long way from when he was a bleeding cherry wearing that Navy SEAL patch and pissing in everyones cheerios. There's some of us who would even call him 'friend'. Think about a year or two ago . . . . . . would you want him carrying a 450fps gun? I like Cody - I call him friend - I dont want him carrying a 450fps gun. Think about all the kids who remind you of how Cody was - do you want them carrying a 450fps gun?

Guys, I know its unpopular to say, I know Im going against 90% of you, but I really dont think this is a good idea. I really truely honestly believe this is unsafe. We're in an unsafe sport already, and I just see this as pushing it further from safety.

SAW's and similar weapons have an advantage in that they're designed to really spray down bb's for an extended period of time. Instead of looking to raise the fps limits for SAW's, why not look at restricting drum-type magazines to SAW type weapons, and using the "Must Look Like Its Real Counterpart" to determine what a SAW type weapon is.
Pope_Alex_Kaeda_I

Postby saddaminator » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:15 am

saddaminator
Specops
Specops

Postby Eyes On » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:27 am

ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby saddaminator » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:39 am

saddaminator
Specops